Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

We had fun with Purina!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sid&kira, May 21, 2010.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

LOL

Was a little disappointed when I first walked in and saw Pro Plan up on the screen, as I knew it was gunna be all about that. And while it has a few things in that I dont agree with, it is their better brands.

I was right, they touched on what else they produced, but focused on Pro Plan and why that was good etc.

At the end I did ask my questions :thumbup: The woman by the 3rd one was starting to look a little upset and irrate, and sounded like she was either gunna cry or scream at me :lol: The bloke was quite nice, and agreed with me on bakers etc.

Couldnt video it... Would have been sued :scared: :lol: Ah well

2. Sam1309

Sam1309 PetForums VIP

gald you had fun, what are you studying then????

what are your views on proplan

i'm changing the pup over soon as he's on JWB hoping for arden grange but all depends if he likes it or not

3. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Im studying animal care. If I didnt need to go into full time work once this is finished I would go to Uni n study dog nutrition, which I do at home anyway lol

I wouldnt feed it. For £50 its just not worth it at all IMO, still has cereals, still have EC permitted additives.... I can feed raw for £20 a month... why would I spend £50 on protentially harmful ingredients?

I like Taste of The Wild, Evo (if you can find it in the UK) and Fish4Dogs :thumbup:

4. Sam1309

Sam1309 PetForums VIP

i had looked at raw but being honest i just don't have the freezer room.

origen and burns i had also looked into...... them seem to get raving reviews

5. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

Well done for confronting them!

Funnily enough Solo has been on Pro Plan until now, as mum kept him on it as it what the breeder used (along with Applaws wet). We just ordered our first bag of Taste of the Wild this morning. (She was shocked when I pointed out its only 20% chicken bits).

6. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Yea for the price of pro plan you'd expect a higher meat content wouldnt you?? :rolleyes:

Taste of the Wild is a bit hit with a lot of dogs I know :thumbup:

7. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

What makes it even sweeter is that the TOTW is actually cheaper as well! Paid £28 for 6.8kg, rather than £14 for 3kg - so effectively 800g extra free lol.

8. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Yep :thumbup:

What version did you get?

9. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

The prairie one with Bison in. My mum's a big kid at heart - she got really excited about it. Also ordered some African game braid chews and an oxtail. Yum.

Initially she was planning on switching him onto Applaws dry, but its so hard to find, always expensive, and then there's usually shipping charges. Finding a decent brand for a good price, and free delivery (because the bag is over the minimum of £19 on zooplus) was a bonus.

10. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Yea I know somone who uses the Bison one, his dog LOVES it, goes mad before the bags even opened!! :lol:

If I didnt feed raw I would feed TOTW or F4D

11. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Sounds like you had fun. Teasing reps from crappy food companies is awesome

12. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

aw mate you should've just taped their reactions lol. and just like, not filmed yourselves or anything they would never have known lol

but well done.

Mika's breeder had him on pro plan.

no wonder the little sod didn't eat it when we brought him home - tasted like yuck to him probably lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice