Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

we had an incident,chewed p@h ball.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jackapoo, Sep 23, 2013.

1. jackapoo

jackapoo PetForums Member

had an incident yesterday !! i dont usually let my little madam keep the ball after we've been playing it goes in the drawer, anyway this time i left her with it, behind me on the floor while i was at computer, i glanced round and she was chewing the outer fluff, so ok i thought i will do a swap in a moment when i turned back she had literally eaten half the ball:eek: it was only a minute, on inspection it appeared to be made of some kind of rubber but kind of crumbly. so kept an eye on her all fine, had her morning meal all fine, three hours later she puked the lot back up. had a sleep then all fine. the rest of the day passed without event and everything has returned to normal (normal poo this morning) so thankfully all is well :) but blimey that scared me !! lesson learnt on my part.

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Next time you think she may have swallowed something that may not be safe it might be wise to ask your vet for advice as they can give an injection of apomorhine which makes them vomit.

3. MrG

MrG PetForums Member

We did exactly that when my flattie (he was 5months at the time) swallowed a sock...and three came out! It's not pleasant for them it works almost instantly. FWIW to the OP mine has destroyed tennis balls before, infact although we keep a close eye on him it's just not possible to stop him eating things sometimes....you'd be following him everywhere!

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Yes, Rudi managed to swallow a large Space Lobber toy whole :shocked: :frown2:. The vet said something like "Good Lord!! That is big, you've just saved him an operation" :rolleyes:. http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-chat/307784-very-expensive-toy.html

5. jackapoo

jackapoo PetForums Member

thank you for your comments Dogless and MrG, i do know about the jab to make them sick in an emergency, i felt it appropriate in this case to just keep a close watch for any effects, and thankfully in this case no harm done.:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice