Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

we exported a pup would you !

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by growler1961, Nov 21, 2007.

1. growler1961

growler1961 PetForums Junior

with the aid of the internet we get enquires from all over the world from people looking for a well breed staffordshire bull terrier
    we would never ship a pup ,we take great care in finding the best homes for are pups to be placed,we like to meet the people face to face !
    we were contacted several times from a lovely couple from norway who really wanted one of our pups as there are not many staffords in norway & wanted to introudce a new blood line. my answer was no i dont ship pups they must be collected and i need to meet new owner face to face before making a decission , thinking this would be the end of communication .
    but two days latter they got back to us saying they were prepared to come over to meet us and would travel with the pup on the return journey to norway ,i was worried about a pup traveling such a distance , but when we looked into it the flight was only 90 mins they could leave us and be back to their home in 3 hours ,their was a lot of paper work to sort out ,the couple stayed with us for a long weekend & they were the most suitable people we have come across , we are in regular contact and have just received this picture , all is going well they are very happy with their pup! and im sure if you could ask the pup she would be very happy with her new life in norway!

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

lovely picture, I think if you are going to export a dog then the way you did it was very good, glad you did not sell to someone you had not met, they must have really wanted her to make all that efort to get her.

3. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

That's great, i would have been happy to export in the same way you did.

I would not have sent a pup away in a crate or any thing like that!

being home in 3 hours is no different in terms of travel time to the people who travelled to ours from London or Glasgow
    :)

4. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

Me too reading the story, it was no different to selling to any other good home.

5. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

I think that you showed great care and consideration, so well done you.

I only wish that every breeder had such regard for their puppies, and its a lovely photograph.

6. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

Awww what a lovely pic the dog looks really happy :)

7. carol

carol PetForums VIP

nice piccy
    yes you did the export the best way, if they are willing to come over and collect the pup then i would do it that way, but i have had emails from peeps that just want me to send the pup over and they got told NO.
    told them they have to come for the pup.

you did right thing

8. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

how wonderful, you did the right thing, you know your pup is in good hands and your bloodline.:)

9. michele

michele PetForums Newbie

they are lovely - you did it the right way so why not? its what the internet is for good luck

10. pkb1

pkb1 PetForums Junior

I have just TAKEN apup to Brazil..............it was a third of the price of shipping if someone travelled with it..............it had to be crated though..16 hours! a long time, but at the other end he got out, stretched and trotted off to meet his new playmates....me? i was shattered it took me 2 days to recover!.....of course if i hadnt liked the home he couldnt have come back with me but i had a contingency plan, i have a friend in Canada who was willing to come fetch him and keep him herself if it didnt work out, i didnt have much doubts though as the people he went to are the top American cocker breeders in Brazil...nice free 10 day holiday for me too........very nice thank you........lol
    Pauline

11. PatioDogDoors

PatioDogDoors PetForums Member

yeah you're right i think they are very happy. your so sweet to your dog that's good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice