Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

We could learn alot from the Japanese.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jamie1977, Mar 23, 2011.

1. jamie1977

jamie1977 Banned

Was just thinking if the same had happened here how different things would be. I am sure there would be riots/arguements, uproar etc.

Loads of people with no water or heating but instead of complaining etc,they are just taking the attitude "Well the authorities have just not got round to me yet".

Loads of signs outside peoples homes with messages like "Feel free to come in for a shower".

No uproar due to shops being empty or having to queue for days for petrol.

I think we could learn alot from this proud nation.

2. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

I Think a LOT of people could learn a thing or too from them!

3. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Aye some things we could learn from, other things we should definitely run from! It's great to see how they're holding up though and they are known for their manners.

4. jamie1977

jamie1977 Banned

yeah they are, take the face masks that many people think they are only wearing due to the radiation. When in fact they wear them anyway, so that not too pass on germs to each other (as well as obvious self-protection from ill health).

5. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, one thing I have noticed amidst all this disaster and turmoil they are currently experiencing is that there are no obvious signs of..........................................................................................looting!. wayne.

6. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

We don't need to learn from them....this country was the same during WW2...It's just that we've allowed the country to go to pot.

7. jamie1977

jamie1977 Banned

That is a good point, you do hear alot of stories of stories of people acting the same during the Blitz.

8. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

We were once a very proud nation and did act like this during WW2 unfortunatly we have now been so diluted by other nations coming in we are no longer able to act in this manner..

Japan Has kept a nice tight rein on its polices and people and they appear to not tolirate the sort of nonsense that has spilled into this country.

man megga sorry about spelling.

9. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I think people would act in a similar way to the Japanese tbh.

We are so used to reading such awful stories in the media we forget that every day people act in generous ways, help each other out, etc but these stories don't seem to be as interesting or sensational as the usual 'Broken Britain' stories that are constantly churned out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice