Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

we are looking for a hand tame female budgie

Discussion in 'Bird Chat' started by chelseabond, Nov 8, 2012.

1. chelseabond

chelseabond PetForums Junior

hello all, we lost our hand tame female budgie a few weeks ago, we had a pair, we still have our boy and i think hes lonley, he seems fine and chats away, he talks n says what ya doing, hello and so but we are looking for a handtame female, she has to be completely handtame as we like to have them out. we got both of ours as soon asthen they left the box so we could tame them. i used to breed budgies and know that as soon as they go into the aviary even for a day its much harder to tame them. so if anyone knows of someone wud u please let us know . we dont think its urgent but in the next few weeks ty !!

2. chelseabond

chelseabond PetForums Junior

hello again i thought id renew this post, we are still looking for a hnadtame female budgie if anyone can help us would you please let me know...
    we live in northampton..

3. AlexArt

AlexArt PetForums Senior

Maybe try your local rescue, you might find a nice bird that just needs taming down which is doable with a bit of time and patience, they do learn by example so I think watching your other bird with you will get the new one used to you far quicker than on its own - it's also very rewarding getting them tame too!!;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice