Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

We all love our cats but.......

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by alan g a, Jan 5, 2012.

1. alan g a

alan g a Hello ev'ry body peeps. Stavross 'ere init.

We all love our cats but there times when we wish they would just go away for a while. For example, I am trying to play grand turismo 5 on the PS3. Candy is laying with her bottom on my belly using the crotch of my right arm as a pillow. Del Boy ( her son) is doing the same thing in the opposite direction. It looks like I am wearing a furry jumper. If you've ever tried to drive with 2 cats across your chest then you will know just how difficult it is.:eek:
    That said though we love them and I can't think ot any other way I would want them to be:)

#1 alan g a, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  2. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

At 5am this morning when they were playing loudly with a bit of plastic they found in my bedroom I can confirm I was not best pleased :frown2:

3. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Jet cuddles into armpit of OH when he goes to bed at night, hes constantly battering him in the face with his tail as he's trying to sleep

4. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

They must pick the menfolk to agrivate cos they love their mummy's so much lol cos Oscar insists on laying at my hubby's feet in bed and he hates it cos he can't pull the quilt up :D
    Funny thing is whenever I've been poorly he always lays at the side of me

5. AlfiesArk

AlfiesArk PetForums VIP

:) I suspect the OH was thinking the exact same thing last night... he was trying to set up the replacement PS3 (after not being able to play it for a week as it had broken so you can imagine the need to get it set up) of course this meant pulling out the tv stand and there were boxes and cables everywhere..... if there's 2 things alfie loves it boxes and anything that resembles string!!!!

6. merlin12

merlin12 PetForums VIP

Alfie, are the durable fish tip and the cat mat also stuffed?

7. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

I went home from work last night and my Husband said," What is it with these cats today they have not been out of the house and have mithered me all day. I don't think they like the wind.

8. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I adore Abby & McGee to bits - as you all know - but it would be REALLY nice to, just once, be able to eat my dinner without:

A. The two of them doing their 'Cleopatra's Needle' impressions on either side of me, watching my every move.

B. The two of them inching forward a cm at a time until their noses are practically on the plate.

C. McGee not trying to stick his paw into my food to ensure it's not too hot!!!!

:rolleyes:

9. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

C: Storm does that but not to see if it's too hot, just to simply hook it off my plate the cheeky sod!

10. oggers86

oggers86 PetForums VIP

As I was eating my breakfast today one cat decided that it was the right time to come sit on me. After a bit of walking around she quickly settled down on my knee so I could eat in peace. Didnt have the heart to move her.

Swept the kitchen floor earlier, moved the litter tray to the swept part to sweep where the tray had been. Same cat decides shes desperate to go to the toilet and then proceeds to kick the litter out. Amazing how she didnt need to go until the second I had swept up!!!

11. alan g a

Candy usually wqkes me for breakfast at around 4:30 by licking my eyelids.:eek::)

12. alan g a

I don't know how they can tell, but they always seem to know when something is wrong.

13. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

OH had just got used to Molly leaving him alone when he's eating ..... enter Manny :D

Manny got spooked by the high winds last night so decided he was going to sleep ON my head!! Even moving lower down the bed didn't work .... he just followed me :D

14. alan g a

Simba likes to hang around my OH's neck like a scarf and tries to make love to her hair whilst she is trying to cook dinner or making a cup of coffee. It's not easy with a cat on your back.:eek::)

15. Heybunny

Heybunny PetForums Member

Tabitha steals anything she can from your plate and Poppy likes to walk on the PS3, usually putting one of her back paws conveniently on the power button. :eek:

16. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I think this is McGee's REAL intention, I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt!! :biggrin:

17. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

This is so true, I've only had my 2 for 4 weeks but the last week I have been really unwell, Sabrina has been sticking to me like glue and being really affectionate.

18. jopetportraits

jopetportraits PetForums VIP

Ah yes, litter spreading when you've just swept up. Mine are brilliant at that!!
    The other one that they do everytime is when I want to mop the floor. They can all have been asleep in different parts of the house but they all appear when I want to mop the floor and don't want them around until it dries.

19. AlfiesArk

AlfiesArk PetForums VIP

Durable Fish Tease is stuffed with filler but not with catnip. Of course i can add catnip, peppermint or a blend for a little extra.

Cat Mats are unstuffed so they can be washed. These are intended to be use as cat flap mats but if you had another use and wanted it adapting slightly please let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

Please excuse the creases and poor images on the mats, OH struggled to get clean photos. They need redoing!

20. Obzocky

Obzocky PetForums Member

For me that moment comes when i'm trying to type up a report or do some data inputting, and a cat decides now is the perfect time to either flump down on the laptop or become very insistent that they want kisses now. The moment you get one of them to leave you alone, another one emerges from the shadows.

Fair enough I guess, I mean what's a bit of work compared to cuddles, kisses and underbelly heating.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice