Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wave goodbye

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rona, Aug 25, 2013.

1. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Went to the local wood for our walk this morning. OH and Muddy walked there and I drove the old one and met them. It means Muddy gets a decent length walk and Alfie just does the nice bit :)

Nice little walk with lots of sniffs and slightly too many other dogs.

Anyway, when we'd finished, I loaded Alfie into the car and OH and Muddy started to walk back. As we drove passed them, OH was there telling Muddy to wave as we went by :eek:.

What I didn't know was when we had gone, OH turns around to a very puzzled look from a guy washing his car :lol::lol:

So come on, own up, what silly things have you said to your dogs? ;)

2. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

All mine get told to say goodnight to thei dad if they go to bed before OH does or if he doesn't go to bed at the same time as us.:rolleyes:

3. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

I have a customer who tells his spaniel ...... " go on boy, do number 8, go on boy, do the blue one!"

When I'm practicing out of sight stays, I usually whisper to my dogs ...."I'm hiding".....then leave; I could be saying anything to them, but it makes me smile because they know I'm going out of sight for a little while! :)

I once told my little old Cairn to "get up out of the sun and come over here in the shade!" - to which he did! First time he did anything he was told to in his life! :D:D:D

4. sashski

sashski PetForums Senior

When I used to walk Vic across the fields and he wandered off the path I'd tell him to walk on the path which he understood, and if he got under my feet I'd say go away and he'd trot on a bit further!
    The best one wad telling him to say hello which resulted in a big bark!!

5. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I was out walking the poochies tonight in some seemingly deserted fields pretending to be Carl the Minion running around going Bee-Do Bee-Do Bee-Do Bee-Do because it drives my dogs wild. Suddenly a young couple appeared from out of nowhere :blush: and stopped dead with a really shocked expression on their faces :eek:

I stopped impersonating a Minion and said "Good Evening," and they walked off. I then had to follow them all the way back to my car and they kept looking back at me and sniggering :lol:

6. Owned By A Yellow Lab

Owned By A Yellow Lab PetForums VIP

I've been teaching Dex to give me a 'kiss' - either a lick or a nose bump on my hand or face, in return for a treat, naturally :rolleyes:

While we were out walking the other day we paused and I gave him the 'kiss' command but clearly it was too soon to do it while out. Crouched down beside Dex, I jokingly tried to coax him 'Oh come on, give us a kiss - Dexie baby, give me a kiss, come on!'

As I straightened up I met the eyes of an alarmed looking bloke who was walking past and watching us :blush2:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice