UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use them?
Iv been thinking about getting some for when I walk the dogs in the rain, because I do 2 walks (take 1 or 2 then come home and take the others) it would be nice if I didnt have to walk with wet trousers :p

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I do - just don't try to look trendy and tuck them in your wellies as I did the first time. Water runs onto your feet - surprise!!
Even the really cheap ones work so you can have 2 pairs. It may be my technique but the insides always get wet when I take them off!!

·
Super Moderator
18,773 Posts
I've two pairs of Peter Storm ones, one set has zips at the base of the legs the other has poppers. I prefer the zipped ones, quicker than fiddling with poppers.

They weren't expensive £14 - £20 I think.

I lost my zipped ones so bought another set, then found my zipped ones ... I have two of most things due to losing things then finding them :rolleyes:

To go to Carfest I bought the kids waterproof trousers from GO Outdoors, they had the Regatta ones £8 and they were fine when it twmped down with rain, plus their ones fold up smaller to fit in a dinky bag. My 16 yo was wearing the biggest child size, he's very tall but thin so could get away with it.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Definitely get breathable ones - we have tried many - OH needs them for work, some of the cheaper ones are ok.

I have some regatta ones which weren't to pricey, they are lined so quite warm, and comfy, but not trendy, they always look like you are wearing a nappy :mad:

I would love to get some really nice ones in a colour other than blue or black that actually fit rather than balloon - they are out there but they need a bank loan.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I wear em too - just bought this years pair from ALDI - £10 :D They're supposed to be for cycling but they fit lovely and they have reflective flashes at the bottom of the leg so figure I could use them for riding in too ;)

Don't care what I look like tbh, and lets be fair who pays any attention at 7am when it's peeing it down!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have an pair thatI wore as an outdoor instructor, they were £300 initially which I know is a big sum.
However I have worn them up mountains in RIBs and generally battered them for years, and now I wear them to walk buloo, they look like trousers instead of bin liners, they dont make you sweaty on the inside and they are much tougher than the cheep ones you get in shops for a few quid, so I recon all in a all if you live in the UK (wet as it is), instructor or not, they are indispensable and worth spending some money on if you have to go out for a walk multiple times a day!

·
Super Moderator
18,773 Posts
Gosh Berghaus ones cost £100 :eek:

Wasn't sure but have checked and the Peter Storm ones are breathable and were priced at £25, had mine a few years now, with both type not suffered seepage. Always peel mine so they come off inside out when they are wet.

·
Banned
21,573 Posts
I can vouch for the Schoffel ones, all their stuff is brilliant, I bought a new coat and waterproof leggings recently for the forthcoming winter and they'll last for a few more beyond that as well. I also treated myself to some hunter neoprene wellies and a seeland fleece, so will be cosy warm here up on the tops!

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Its worth paying the money for paramo waterproof trousers. They are properly lined so I never sweat inside them and they are long enough to cover up the trousers underneath so I can take them off to drive home if I'm out somewhere walking them. I got them off the paramo 2nds shop on Ebay.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I have some Regatta ones which aren't fabulous but do the trick for torrential downpours - have found them invaluable for kennel work, more so than walking my own dogs! I've learnt that if the rain is heavy enough to warrant me wearing them, Breeze will refuse to go out in it :rolleyes:
Mine aren't breathable but the moisture is condensation rather than pure sweat, will definitely be getting some lined ones in the future.

Agree with the comment about not tucking them into wellies unless you want soggy socks!

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
Oooh I want some of these! Dunno what brand though, don't really want to fork out £100 as I don't know how much I'll use them :( Up to £60 is probably more my region but less preferred..!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've learnt that if the rain is heavy enough to warrant me wearing them, Breeze will refuse to go out in it :rolleyes:
QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Yep, I've got some, wore them every day last week on the narrow boat :rolleyes:

I agree with those who have said spend a bit more and get breathable ones, cheap ones get very hot and sweaty inside. Mine are Mountainlife ones, they are lined and have full length zips and poppers up the both legs so they're really easy to get on and off without having to take your boots off. I don't know how much they cost as my husband bought them for me for Christmas :lol: :lol: romantic eh, who needs diamonds and flowers when you can have waterproof trousers? :lol:

·
Registered
595 Posts
I wear them all the time when it's raining.:)

But you need to get a good pair,otherwise you will still end up wet inside due to sweat.

Look for ones that are breathable.:D
My experience of cheaper ones are the same as this ^ I got sooo hot in them. For the last year I have had some Berghaus Goretex Packlite overtrousers and haven't looked back. They are very lightweight and can be packed up and carried in a big coat pocket if necessary. They do the job well and I no longer overheat.

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
No idea of the brand of mine - they're a pair of OH's old work ones.

But I couldn't live without them - in the winter I stick them on over my jammies for their morning walks :eek:

·
Banned
12,847 Posts

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Great thread, I've been looking for some, I've been borrowing my friends over trousers that he used to wear on his motorbike.. I look like MC hammer. :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.