Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Waterproof bed

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Duggee, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Duggee

Duggee PetForums Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for a truly waterproof bed? We have one which is supposed to be but it’s not, and our 11 month old labrador is still prone to excitement wees - fine on the hard floors, less convenient on her bed! I’m sick of washing the thing seeing as the whole idea of a waterproof bed was that it would be easy to hoover and keep relatively fur free, therefore less washing. Happy to spend more if it does the job.

2. Duggee

Duggee PetForums Member

Oh, and we want one with padded sides if possible as she likes to hang her head over the side when she sleeps.

3. Arny

Arny PetForums VIP

You might be able to find a waterproof cover if you don't want to buy a whole new bed. I bought 'the dogs bed', my dog doesn't like it, and it has a waterproof inner cover.
    It did work for one of the few occasions she actually slept on it and weed in her sleep.
    Or if your bed has a zip cover wrap the inside padding (or outside if you don't mind the look) in a waterproof bed sheet?

O2.0 and Duggee like this.
  4. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

I do this but with a big plastic trash bag. Remove the liner, wrap the inner foam part, put liner back on. Then if there's an accident you just have to wash the liner.

Duggee likes this.
  5. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Tuffies - not cheap mind but supposedly waterproof and chew proof.

Duggee and tabelmabel like this.
  6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

7. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

I bought a vet bed to go on top of my dog's mattress. A vet bed allows the wee to go through but keeps the dog dry. To protect the mattress I used the baby disposable bed mats to absorb the wee. You can buy packs from Tesco or Asda. All I had to do was pop the vet bed in the washing machine on a quick wash cycle and throw the disposable mat away. The vet beds dry very quickly or like I did you can have two!

https://www.thedogoutlet.co.uk/?gcl...0p2zAvrhJnbPfjpmAmnQ8dzF04lkkN9hoCvLEQAvD_BwE

https://groceries.asda.com/product/...a-little-angels-bed-mats-60-x-90/910002353243

8. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

https://www.doggiesolutions.co.uk/waterproof-dog-beds-15425-0.html

I dont know if these are chewproof.

I have Tuffies (mine is the nest which is neither waterproof nor chewproof) and rate them very highly indeed for quality. Worth the money for sure and both my dogs absolutely love the nest.

Tuffies claim to make the only truly chewproof bed on the UK market. They do waterproof liners. Definitely worth a look.

The beds are built to last a lifetime (several lifetimes!) I bet they have good resale value too as ours her looks like new still.

Duggee likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice