Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Water Bowl for Cage?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Leannie1977, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Leannie1977

Leannie1977 PetForums Newbie

Hi Everyone

I'm fairly new to this dog owning business and have found this forum to be essential reading (people seem to ask the questions that i am thinking!), so i'm hoping that someone will be able to help :)

My query is, my 2 month old GWP is being cage trained and for reasons known only to him, insists on tipping his water bowl all over the cage which, apart from the inconvenice of drying his blanket, i'm thinking can't be very good for him, so wondered if anyone had any ideas on alternative water bowls?

I've tried him with a food bowl, a ceramic dish and a plastic tub, nothing is safe!

I was thinking that something like this NO-DRIP DOG WATER BOTTLE 44OZ TOP-FILL - DiscountedPetProducts.Net might be an option but would be keen to hear if anyone had any other suggestions?

Thanks

2. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

Road refreshers are very good and come with Velcro you can stick to the bottom of the create :)
    http://www.roadrefresher.com/

I got a large one on ebay for about £8ish delivered a few weeks ago.

#2 Pointermum, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  3. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I have a bowl which attaches onto the side of the crate - I don't think he'd be able to get it out of the holder. I would link but I'm on my phone right now.

4. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

I use a non-tip stainless steel bowl from PAH for my 2 month GSP's crate and he hasn't tipped it over yet. He has sat in it, stood in it, put ripped up newspaper in it, drowned his toys in it........but hasn't tipped it over. They have several sizes and it was only a few quid.

5. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

The other bowls which are good are the spaniel shaped ones which are wider at the bottom, if you get the old fashioned style ones they are very heavy .

6. WeedySeaDragon

WeedySeaDragon PetForums VIP

When we've had puppies who are apt to tip over or paddle in their water bowls we've used steel bird bowls that attach to the side of the crate.

This kind of thing....

7. Leannie1977

Leannie1977 PetForums Newbie

Thanks everyone, will check out all the suggestions :D

8. Modwyn

Modwyn Guest

9. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

I leave the bowl on the kitchen floor and the crate permanently open but my pup spills water EVERYWHERE and then just sits in it :rolleyes: so I put a little water in the bottom of the bowl and just top it up regularly.

Could you use one of those chicken water dispensers that you can get in most pet shops? I used to use them for my chickens and they never managed to spill any water from it and they were pretty feisty of a morning :lol: something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6kg-ETON-...cken-Hen-Food-Water-Accessories-/160877087082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice