Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Water bottles

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Seraphim, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Seraphim

Seraphim PetForums Newbie

Hi all, was wondering if anyone could direct me to a uk company that sells the water bottle stands for long haired breeds please? I am soon to be the proud momma of a beautiful lil shih tzu girl who is predominantly white so face staininng is going to likely be an issue. I'm not much liking the idea of having to use harsher 'brightening' shampoos onn her beautiful coat so though a water bottle and stand may be a good alternative. As of yet though I am yet to find any decent UK models, only american imports and the shipping is pretty pricey so a UK based alternative would be ace.

2. Frollie

Frollie PetForums Senior

3. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

I've not heard of them either, is it something like the sort of water bottle a rabbit would drink out of but on a stand?

Like Frollie, I too have a Bichon. I use a Drinkwell Original as Poppy prefers to drink from running water. It's a smaller version of what Frollie has and is fine for a little dog. I also have a cat, she drinks from the bowl part and Poppy prefers the running water part. She doesn't drink an awful lot as she is raw fed. She does have a little face staining around her mouth, but she also has tear stains that have resisted everything I've tried up to now. I just think she is prone to some staining.

My son has my Bichon's litter sister, she drinks from a non-spill water bowl similar to this one and drinks a lot of water as she is kibble fed. She has no mouth staining at all (nor tear stains).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice