Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Water bottle

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by suzyjo, Nov 27, 2012.

1. suzyjo

suzyjo PetForums Member

Has anyone got any ideas on a water bottle for a zoozone? The little ones have just got up for a drink and I don't think they could get any :(
    I think their used to the silver ball water bottles but I didnt think one of those would fit so I got them a ferplast sippy..

2. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

3. suzyjo

suzyjo PetForums Member

Oh that's a really good idea! Will have to try that thanks

4. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

I put a little bridge under the water bottle which helps my mice :)

5. suzyjo

suzyjo PetForums Member

Aww thats so cute! I have got a little step kind of thing there but they seem to be able to reach it fine they just can't get any water. The nozzle needs to be pushed up to get water ( which I didn't realise when I bought it :rolleyes: ) and I don't think they are strong enough to push it.. Especially when they've just woke up and stumble out the house all bleary eyed :001_wub:

6. Wobbles

Wobbles Banned

Ferplast Sippy's are crap bottles, most small animals struggle to push the metal bit up to get any water. Their also a pain in the ass to fill, as you can't stand them up, and if you try to just pour the water in it goes everywhere. Utterly crap design.

7. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

I'm not keen on the ferplast bottles either.The standard ones work just fine for me :)

8. suzyjo

suzyjo PetForums Member

I know I wish I'd just stuck with the normal ones now like!
    Well I've got one now set up in the cube, so just have to wait till a thirsty hammy emerges now :)

9. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

my syrians reach water in the normal water bottles on the outside of the cage fine, dwarfies i put a log bridge under for them to climb on to reach

10. Wobbles

Wobbles Banned

If your bottle won't fit in the cube, you could always put it under the bottle hole like a step. Those cubes usually have at least on solid face.

11. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

Mine have holes in each side-really annoying when you're trying to pick it up with a little mouse inside who keeps trying to get out of each hole in turn LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice