Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wasps!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AceRoguePhoenix, Apr 17, 2011.

1. AceRoguePhoenix

AceRoguePhoenix PetForums Junior

any advice on how to get rid of wasps??? (there in my back garden and yeah im not there biggest fan and with 4 children i think you get my drift)

2. rona

rona Guest

Your local council should be able to help or you can look in the phone book for someone to come and deal with them

3. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Is there a nest? or just lots of wasps?

4. AceRoguePhoenix

AceRoguePhoenix PetForums Junior

im not sure if it is a nest but there about 5-6 at one time... my husband thinks that they are the non dangerous versions of wasps but i just dont like them and i freak out if the come near me...

5. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

just watch them to see if they come back and forward from the same place...we had one in our roof space the council come and got rid of it for us...cost us about 30 quid something like that

6. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

what you do,in the dead of night.....you bait a bush about 4 gardens up from yours.....should keep them away

7. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

The council aint so cheap any more they quoted us over £100 last year to remove a nest from the chimney and they wanted us to wait 4 days before they came out!

8. quequeg1988

quequeg1988 PetForums Member

i replied this somewhere else
    get a jar and add 1/4 jam, then top up to 1/2 with boiling water, mix it up and sit it the furthest you can away from where your kids play, works a dream they go because of the sweeet smell, get stuck by falling in then drown......., on the wasp nest if there is one, somewhere, i'd suggest getting someone into deal with it, we had a tiny one last year and my hubby knocked it of as im very allergic...... i wouldn't recomend it though lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice