Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wasp sting

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Amin, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Hi All, my 5 month old kitten was out in the garden and got stung buy a wasp on his paw :eek: can this be dangerous, can I give him anything to ease the pain or will it go away itself. Thanks for any replies

2. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Hiya. Poor little kitty.:(
    On the paw the sting should not be a problem.
    If she becomes disoriented or has trouble with breathing see a vet ASAP.
    I think a lot of cats get stung on the paws without the owners knowing.

I think one of mine was stung once because when ever she saw a wasp she kept clear of it.

An ice pack on the paw might reduce some of the swelling.
    Let us know how she is later.

3. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Thanks jill, Ollie got stung about 5 hours ago, at first he was limping on the paw that got stung, then started licking the paw and was very quiet for a while generally feeling sorry for himself. Thankfully he,s now back to his mischief ways, and he,s been back out -avoiding wasps-:rolleyes:

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

mINE GOT STUNG THE FIRST TIME HE EVER WENT OUT I JUST MADE SURE THE STING WAS OUT AND SOAKED HIS PAW IN COOL WATER. ID BE MORE CONCERNED IF IT WAS AROUND THE MOUTH THROAT AREA. IM SURE HE WILL BE FINE. MINE WAS AS YOU SAY BACK TO HIS OLD SELF IN NO TIME AT ALL.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice