Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Warts falling off?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by JSR, Jun 30, 2009.

1. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Cooper knocked the wart off his eye last night, didn't seem to bother him..and he took great pleasure in making sure the blood got onto every piece of furniture before I noticed it bleeding, but I wandered if anyone knew if I should be worried? The vet has checked it out years ago and said it's nothing to worry about but I can't get hold of him on the phone right now (apparently he's helping a poor mare with a problem birth) so just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem?

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Ive heard of them being caught and coming off. From what i know it doesnt normally cause a problem, although they can come back.

Best to check with your vet, i could be completely wrong.

3. Nicci

Nicci Guest

One of my dear rescues had a wart on top of his head (he's since passed on) and another of my dear rescues decided to nibble it off one day whilst she was cleaning his face. I never really noticed what she was doing at the time until the day after when I noticed a bald spot along with a scab.
    It healed, he was fine.

4. not quite the same thing but my friends little girl had a wart on her thumb. She knocked it off, and although she kept it dressed for a couple of days to prevent infection she was right as reign. The wart didnt come back either! It bled like billy-oh though!

5. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Yes I know they bleed!!!!!!! :cursing: My once cream sofa is testiment to that!!!:mad:

That's good to know it didn't grow back cos it's rather unsightly on his eye so I'd rather it didn't. Poor Cooper isn't the most attractive dog in the world and his warts didn't help!!:lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice