Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Warm weather

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Cazza1974, May 22, 2010.

1. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

Due to the warm weather Dorrie is not eating much. She is not sleeping on any beds, not even here own. She prefers the floor.
    I am feeding a little on the morning wet, biscuits during the day and a pouch on the night when it has cooled off a bit.
    Is this ok and is anyone elses cat not eating etc due to the weather?

2. charleecat

charleecat PetForums Member

Charlee tends to eat a bit more in the warm weather, but I put that down to her being much more active out in the sunshine.

I wouldn't worry too much, just give a check over and see that she's generally healthy:p

3. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

Our kittens are barely about to eat, so they are eating less then they did in the winter when we got them, but they pop back home once or twice for a quickle nibble on biscuits before they're off out to the fields again.

The older two cats mainly sleep the day away, so dont eat much summer or winter, just sleep.

I wouldnt worry, the summer is a great time for cats, just make sure theres food down like biscuits during the day, plenty of drinking water and that she eats some food when you bring her in for the night [thats unless you let her out at night of course]

I wouldnt worry about her sleeping in the floor, cos im sure you know....a bed is a very warm if not hot place when the weather heats up and poor cats are covered in fur....so she's probably just finding a cool spot to lay

4. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

Our Scamp always eats less as soon as the hot weather arrives,I used to worry but after 15 years I am used to his little ways:lol:

5. WelshOneEmma

WelshOneEmma PetForums VIP

My cats appetite always decreases in the summer and i tend to do their wet food at night rather than the morning to help avoid flies etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice