Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wanted!

Discussion in 'Cat Classifieds' started by Tex_03, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Tex_03

Tex_03 PetForums Newbie

Hey,
    I'm currently looking for two kittens, preferably of the same sex and nature, any colour, would prefer a non-pedigree. The main problem is that i would like them to be ready for around 16th September 2009, so if anyone's cat has just had kittens, or knows of anyone who has newborn kittens now, then please get in touch. Or even, if you could hold onto the kittens until then and i will pay for their upkeep until i am able to pick them up? I would like the kittens to be free, or under say £15-25 each as they are a housewarming present to me and my girlfriend due to us moving into our first house together. I will be willing to drive to pick them up but only within the North East area as i feel any furthur is not fair on any kitten.

Thanks, Tex

2. Tex_03

Tex_03 PetForums Newbie

As stated above, i said i'd like two kittens of the same sex. After much consultation, i would like two kittens of different sexes, breed once then spay and neuter them. This is so that i can keep atleast two of the litter as i am finding it really difficult to find a kitten at the moment, and i won't have this difficulty in future if i have my own cat family! :)

Thanks, Tex_03

3. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

Tex

Firstly asking for two kittens usally means that you will get siblings and will not be able to breed them.

Secondly I doubt very much that anyone will encourage the breeding of moggies and will not allow you to re-home a kitten to breed from.

One look at the cat rescue's will show you that we have enough moggies looking for homes.

Why not try rescuing a kitten instead and what ever you do please neuter your cats!

4. poshmog

poshmog PetForums Member

I read this in amazement ,that you would breed from the two kittens !!!!
    Have you never considered the cats and kittens that are in rescues as we speak, a lot down to the fact of indescrminate breeding !!

I have 11 cats ,and the majority are rescues ,they are a perfectly happy cat family dispite coming from different places ,and all of them are neutered.

5. Tex_03

Tex_03 PetForums Newbie

Sorry i meant this as though to help me out a bit, as then only one cat would be able to get pregnant which is, i'm sure, a lot of work on the birth day. Sorry if i came across as a bit of a inbred fanticist but i meant breed the male with a different queen, and then get another male in to get my female knocked up.

Hope this clears everything up!

Tex

6. Domoniques

Domoniques PetForums Senior

Hi
    Well what can I say are you for real what planet do you come from ?

7. Tex_03

Tex_03 PetForums Newbie

Any need in that really? All you have to say is 'i wouldnt recommend this' and then tell me what to do that is right, not 'what planet are you from'.

How mature.

8. poshmog

poshmog PetForums Member

So your idea is to get two non-ped kittens ,use another two cats in this senario to provide 2 litters of kittens ???

If this is what your idea is ,then I do think that the chances of anyone on the forum providing you with kittens is unlikely.:(

9. princessx87

princessx87 PetForums Senior

Hi have you ever had cats before?

They are hard work to labour.
    Would you really be happy with blood, cords / sacks, and hear the queen screaming in pain?

I had my cats, stupid i listened to the wrong advice, and ended having kittens and all mine done was scream while labouring.

Would you really want your "babies" to do that?

10. Domoniques

Domoniques PetForums Senior

Hi
    I stand by my statement .
    if you want a kitten or 2/3/4 go to a rescue they are overflowing .

I have 2 litter brothers but they will be done at 6 months I don't want any fighting or them to sire any kittens .

11. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

Well said!

Not to mention the fact that many cats can have problems during labour.

A cat of mine recently went into early labour and all of her kittens died one by one, would you want to be the one to watch that?

The vet bill for all the treatment came close to 600 pounds, can you afford to pay that?

There is a lot more to consider then just I like cute kittens so I'll let my female get pregnant!

12. princessx87

princessx87 PetForums Senior

My cat princess, did
    She had lost 7 babies in all, I even had to ask the vet if cats can get depression as she went so far down hill.
    The vet bill for me was£400ish.

Most people think its easy to have kittens or pups, What about outstanding bills incase.
    (My vets prices)
    Emergency c-section £380.00
    24 Hrs after care £212.00
    Pain killer £28.00

So there is £620.00 before you even see the kittens.

Then you have to find buyers, are you willing to be insulted?
    I was when storm had x2 jet black males, i was emailed by this family all the time saying how they have my post code and they was going to burn the kittens as they was evil, ect..
    Then you have to vet EVERYONE before selling the kittens, its not as easy as it looks, you will have many time wasters, over and over..

OP do you really need me to continue...

I know you will do what ever suits you, but be warned, there is alot of money that comes with having kittens, and it aint profit..

13. Purrrrfect

Purrrrfect PetForums VIP

I agree with everything that has been said (apart from the origional poster who wants to breed moggies!) I run my own rescue from my own home with my own money and get no funding or help. I have to pickup the peices from irrisponsible cat owners who dont get them spayed/nutured. If someone came to me asking for such cats they would get ignored.

I currently have a fluffy black female cat who i have just had spayed who was wondering the streets with a bad wound on her head and an absess on her jaw due to a bad tooth and had to have a tooth removed. She is only 1 - 2yrs and had kittens at least 7 - 10 weeks ago. She was handed in to a local vets who contacted us. She is now recovering from her oporations and is being spoilt untill a new owner can be found.

We also have an elderly Persian female who is beleived to be around 16 - 18yrs old who was handed in to the same vets as a stray. She was very badly matted and to say she was underweight is an understatement. I now have to build her up because she has no muscles so she can't walk properly so have to take her to the litter tray. She will need long term care to get her back to full health.

Some owners can soon find they have taken on more than they can chew and with all good intentions things spiral out of control and the the poor animals that come off the worst.

See Here to see heart breaking pictures of the poor elderly Persian who does not deserve what she has been through and who now has to learn to trust people again. :(

Think before you buy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice