Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

WANTED: Two puppies (Derby)

Discussion in 'Dog Classifieds' started by Emweeze&Treacle, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Emweeze&Treacle

Emweeze&Treacle PetForums Member

hi can anyone help. i am wanting two puppies not alsians as my partners mum is scared of them. will travel up to an hour away. please help

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Why two?

What sort of dog do you have in mind?

3. Emweeze&Treacle

one for my partner and one for me... plus iv always had two dogs lol... i dont really mind... like i say not an alsation (i think i spelt it wrong earlier) as my partners mum was bit by one

4. clueless

clueless Banned

Emmm So any type of 2 Pups apart from an Alsation???

5. Emweeze&Treacle

yeh.... preferable smaller dogs... erm... i like a lot of different breeds... pugs, english bulldog, lhasa apso (my fav), **** zu, bichon frise.... erm and various others... not spaniels though please... i had a cocker spaniel for 14 yrs... and no matter what spaniel it is but when i see one it reminds me of her... but yeh i dont really mind which breed... want a loving pair, preferabley female, and a little cheaper than the ones i have seen on the internet... dont mind if its a cross breed... i love akitas but there a bit big for me... my mums used to pull me over all the time... so yeh smaller breeds lol

6. GeordieBabe

GeordieBabe PetForums Senior

7. Taking on two pups no matter what the breed or size is a huge responsibility. One pup is hard enough to train but two really is double the trouble. Training would take longer and its highly likely the dogs will bond with each other rather than with you or your partner. It would be wiser to get one pup and wait at least another year or two before getting another. Also tthere is quite often problems with two bitches about the same age, espeacially if both are dominant. someone i know had a bitch die and the other extremly hurt due to a fight which broke out between them. These two dogs were littermates as well. I also had two bitches and they were close in age and we ended up having to give one of our girls back to the rescue which was heartbreaking. the fights were terrible and it was all dominance related.

8. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Please contact your local rescues ,so many are full with dogs of all ages,pups included that are in need of good forever homes

9. borderer

borderer Guest

i have 2 pups no problem its easy:eek:hmy:

Attached Files:

10. Liteskye

Liteskye PetForums Member

Even a behaviorist/trainer with the KC mentioned to me that its hard to train two pups at the same time. Plus they have eachother, so won't want much to do with you. If you decide to get two its best to take them out one at a time, so they start looking up to you, interacting more with you, and not the other pup. This is what I'm doing with my two.

All I have is one pup for sale.

11. kazza1964

kazza1964 PetForums Junior

I was very lucky with my 2 my Dogue is 4 wks older than my St Bernard & I already had a 6 yr old Boxer who thinks he's 6 months lol
    They were a piece of cake to house train and I walk them both to heel on one side of me rather than one in each hand, they both sit to cross a road & are great to travel with in my dogmobile
    I have always had dogs but I wouldn't say I'm experienced, but it is possible to train 2 together and a lot depends on the breeds & natures of individual dogs
    I'm not saying mine are angels far from it but out & about they behave which is important in large breeds, they are now 14 & 15 months old & both bitches

12. HighPr00

HighPr00 Banned

I agree, I've had two pups at the same time and had no major problems.

I don't think it's as hard as people often make out, it makes some aspects of raising a pup easier. [​IMG]

13. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

good luck....

we had 2 - 18 months between them - perfect time..

then 10 years between the youngest and oldest now :p

not reccomended to have 2 at the same time...

try your local rescue - theres lots of dogs needing homes :)

14. Staceybob

Staceybob PetForums Member

This person didn't ask for peoples advice on whether it would be really good to have two puppies or not, she's asking for help seeking puppies for sale.

Stacey xxx

15. Captain.Charisma

Captain.Charisma PetForums VIP

Go to your local dog pound !

16. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

true. but surely its better for those of us that have the knowledge to share our experiences rather than see 1 pup maybe looking to be rehomed ata later date.

1 person likes this.
  17. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

YOU HAVE A ST BERNARD! YAY :) LOVE THEM!

18. princessx87

princessx87 PetForums Senior

Hiya just seen your post, Have a look at my website, We have alot of dogs wanting homes and once you apply you can tell the rescue worker which dogs you would be willing to re-home!

Princess-Storm

Every week we are getting around 30 dogs needing loving homes.

19. x...liz...x

x...liz...x PetForums Newbie

I am going to be looking for a puppy soon... Staffie or bichon frise! Does anybody have any contacts? Thanks :001_tt2:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice