Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wanted two foot tank lid

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium Classifieds' started by cleancage, May 28, 2010.

1. cleancage

cleancage PetForums Junior

Wanted two foot tank lid

I have a two foot tank that is two foot wide across the back.

The front of the tank comes forward about 12 inches at its biggest point but is shaped as if it were half of a fifty pence piece, so from about six inches forwards on the side, the tank then angles to make the shape of half a fifty pence piece.

A two foot lid will fit even though it will not fit the angles.

Preferably a lid that I can put a light on.

Many thanks in anticipation.

2. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

The description closely matches that of the Clearseal Astra tanks. Plastic hoods are available for these tanks however you'd need to do a bit of DIY to make it suitable for a light fitting.

3. cleancage

cleancage PetForums Junior

Thank you so very much for your help.

I had a look at 'clearseal' the other day on the internet, and sadly, they only sell to wholesale businesses.

I have asked at local pet shops and they say that they only sell hoods seperately for larger tanks.

It is such a pity, because this half fifty pence piece shaped tank, was given to me, and although the surface diameter is small,(so it can not house many fish) it is a very tall tank, and is beautifully set up with live plants and just a couple of small fish. Also because of its small surface diameter, this tank is able to sit on my desk top, and give me lots of relaxation value.

At the moment I have a desk type light that is on in the evenings and gives the tank some light, but it would be better if I could set up a proper hood / lid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice