Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

WANTED!!! Puppy advice

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by AllAboutChar, Apr 16, 2019.

1. AllAboutChar

AllAboutChar PetForums Newbie

Hi I'm looking to find a pup to join my home, I live in Shropshire and already have a 7 year old rescue GSD female. I'm trying to find the right breed or mix breed to fit in with me and my partner, we both have enough experience with dogs of most breeds from working in rescues and having pets. I'm really after some advice as this would be my first puppy as I've always gone for older rescues in the past. I'm looking for advice on where to get the new member as I don't want to use sites online. We are both fully aware of the commitment and time a puppy needs and are really looking forward to getting to raise a great dog, I'd like to try and avoid breeds such as pugs, bulldogs, terriers and poodle mixes as they just aren't the dog for me. Any help would be great thank you very much.

2. bumbarrel

bumbarrel PetForums Senior

Whatever breed check the Kennel Club and get clued up on the health test relevant to your chosen breed.

Then look at the Champ dogs website. Also contact the breed club for the breed perhaps.

3. AllAboutChar

I definitely will

4. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

As you're already well versed in working with rescues, why not check out a rescue puppy?
    Plenty of rescues and shelters get bitches and pups in from time to time, might be worth checking in to?

NFC slave, margy and Lurcherlad like this.
  5. AllAboutChar

I have been looking but they dontd come in that often (which is a good thing) my first choice would be rescue and I've been keeping my eyes peeled.

margy and O2.0 like this.
  6. tantrumbean

tantrumbean PetForums Senior

Plenty of rescues do get regular litters in, but quite often they don't even make it on the website. I know the rescue my two were from has puppies on a regular basis, but quite frequently they have new homes lined up without any need to make them public.

7. AllAboutChar

Puppy and kitten season is just starting so I'm definitely going to keep my eyes peeled. Thanks for the advice!

O2.0 likes this.
  8. Wyrd

Wyrd PetForums VIP

Many Tears rescue occasionally have puppies in, more than I've seen other rescues have. I am originally from Shropshire and I got my Dalmatian boy as a puppy from Many Tears when we lived in Shropshire. I had to drive down to South wales to pick him up though.

9. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

My friend had a gorgeous shitzu from Many tears 3 years ago she was only 10 weeks old when she brought her home:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice