Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

WANTED PUG Puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Classifieds' started by elena17484, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elena17484

elena17484 PetForums Junior

HI all,

I live in essex and Im looking for a pug puppy .

Im looking for a male fawn colour pup.

Preferably i would like one free if anyone is looking to rehome or adopt or the most i can go up to is between £50 - 60

if you can post a pic that would be great.

#1 elena17484, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

You want all that for free?

I doubt any breeder would give you a puppy as a gift for a child. They arent a toy.

3. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

Hi, I just wanted to say you are asking an awful lot!
    It is unusual for pugs to end up in rescue and even if they did you would be expected to pay a fee and rarely get papers.
    Your child is too young to take responsibility for a dog. Have you spent time with pugs. They are very hectic and demanding not the couch potatos they are percieved to be.

Good luck with your search but you are better saving up and researching a good breeder. There are a couple on here who i am sure will be along soon.

4. justenuf

justenuf PetForums Member

:frown5:....................................wind up ?????

#4 justenuf, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  5. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

You'll never get that all free.
    If you want a puppy, you should surely have the time and energy to train it yourself and take it to training classes if you're really that serious.

You could at least think about finding one in rescue, but still you'd have to pay a donation and it would still need training.

6. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

would you like him to be from champion lines also and maybe delivered to your door wrapped up!!! :rolleyes: to be honest, you are not going to get a puppy given to you for free and especially not for a birthday present for a 4 year old! i would not let one of my puppies go for anyones birthday let alone a young child? i think you need to re think your idea of your sons present;)

7. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

I did actually think this post was a joke first of all...

To say you want a puppy for your childs 4th birthday, just sends out all the wrong signals....you should want a dog to be part of the family, but this just sounds like a whim..

And to want one for free.....trained......with papers etc..I think some more research needs to be done.

Im sorry, I dont mean to offend, but reading the orginal post makes me feel angry and also sad for all those dogs in rescue that could be a perfect family pet

8. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

this is a wind up surely??

9. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I come across these type of adverts everyday........there IS NO such thing as a free dog.
    And even if you are lucky enough it will probably be a really bad example of a pug rendered with all sorts of problems.

My advice would be to save up and then some, research the breed and contact LOTS of reputable breeders.

10. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

No good rescue will 'give' you a dog that is for a childs birthday present.

Pug Cuddly Dog Toys and Soft Toy Teddy Think this is a more suitable present for a child personally. Might not be free or have papers but it will be house trained!

11. mr.stitches

Well posted JSR

12. elena17484

You have all taken this the wrong way. of course the pup is going to be part of our family and my child is not the one going to be looking after him/her. I will be the one that is looking after him/her and i would only present the pup on his birthday. Not give it to him to look after. We love animals and we would like an addition to the our family to make it complete.

And i have read other classifieds where they said about papers and health check and litter trained and i thought that was the same with everyone.

So im sorry if i made that mistake but you should all ask for facts before you judge.

13. mr.stitches

I think we all knew that obviously the child would not be looking after the dog, and good on you for wanting a dog to have the correct jabs and papers etc. I think it is just the way you wrote the original post.....it kind of seemed that you wanted a dog, like you may want a new car or a new pair of jeans.

Im sure you would be a great carer for the dog, but the post just came over wrong. People on here are very caring, and we are also very aware of scams/people who dont treat animals well.

Just got the wrong end of the stick

14. justenuf

justenuf PetForums Member

Hi Elena..............it's not the fact that you were asking for the paperwork, registration, health tests etc (that is very sensible )...... it was the fact you wanted it Free !!!
    As a breeder of pugs, I can assure you they are priced to take into account the huge amount of work we have to put in bringing these babies into the world and rearing them healthily ............. not an easy task......... you will of course find people (puppy farmers) who sell them cheaper but beware of problems ahead !!!!
    Every pug should have a child ( a well supervised, respectful one) and I'm sure you will not regret your decision if you choose this breed.

15. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

i totally agree with justenuf here, please do remember that good breeders sit up with their puppies for a minimal of 4 weeks ( that is no sleep at all as you are on constant alert) for 24/7 which believe me is very hard but must be done! i do not think that for one minute you will get a free puppy b ut i wish you luck;)

16. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I wish you well in your quest for a FREE Pug puppy :)

17. elena17484

Thank you to the last 4 people that posted for your kinder words

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice