Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

WANTED - Pet Checker/Walker Milton Keynes

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Polimba, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Polimba

Polimba PetForums VIP

Help :cryin:

We have an 19 month old Rhodesian Ridegback. Since he was 10 weeks old we have had someone come in at lunchtime to check him. The lady who does this is now concentrating on the training side of her business and is no longer doing pet checks. She can do him Mon-Thurs but that might change after the Summer when she might stop altogether.

She has recommended two other people. One doesn't do checks and it's £10 per walk, we can't afford £200 per month. The other person hasn't answered.

I've emailed some other people who have either said they have no spaces or they are not doing walks/checks (well why have it on your website :mad:). I'm beginning to get paranoid that it's because he's a Ridgeback, he's well trained and people and dog friendly.

In the short term I may be able to leave him all day on Friday, as my husband is often home lunchtime Friday, but I don't want to do that everyday obviously.

I'm getting really worried I won't be able to find someone.

2. emma-jen

emma-jen PetForums Newbie

Hello
    What postcode area are you?:)

3. Houseofpets

Houseofpets PetForums Member

Polimba - if you hear of anyone offering this service in MK please let me know as this is something we may need in the next couple of months.

4. dawn morland

dawn morland PetForums Newbie

have you managed to find anyone for the lunchtime visits? If not, please let me know - one of my four dogs is a dobermann x & I used to work in financial services so I totally understand your worries regarding the ridgeback prejudice & the stress of finding someone to check on the dogs at lunchtime. if u haven't found a solution, please let me know. dawn

5. takemyleadmk

takemyleadmk PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I am MK based and am able to do lunchtime checks. My website is:
    Dog Walking in Milton Keynes

We are a well established business and I have lots of experience with pretty much every breed of dog! I used to walk a Ridgeback so I know how lovely they are!

Do let me know if you are still looking for someone- my prices are very competitive and I can tailor them to what you need.

Rachel

#5 takemyleadmk, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011
  6. Elsas mum

Elsas mum PetForums Newbie

Hi Polimba
    We met you and your mam not long after she got you on a walk in MK. We have Elsa who is also a Rhodesian Ridgeback and we are in the same situation as you. Our dog walker who has been fab is starting a new business in July and we are stuck!!!! We both work shits so some days it wont be a problem but other days will. So if you hear of any good dog walkers please let me know. As like you £200 is alot of money.
    Look forward to hearing from you.

7. Polimba

Polimba PetForums VIP

Hi

Yes I do remember you and Elsa. I think that was the first Waggy Walk we went on :D He's a pro at them now and has to be at the front leading the pack :rolleyes:

Yes we found someone I'll PM you the details. We don't have her walk him everyday, most days she just does a check, takes him around the block for wee (he's funny about going in the garden) and does a bit of training with him.

8. Active Dogs MK

Active Dogs MK PetForums Newbie

Hi MK guys!

Just to let you know I cover home visits, dog walking and dog running within the MK area...fully insured, CRB etc, and happy to help where I can :)

Let me know if you would like further information - my telephone number is 07874 204406 and more information can be found on my web page at www.facebook.com/ActiveDogsMK.

Have a lovely day ;)

#8 Active Dogs MK, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  9. Caryn

Caryn PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

I'm an experienced dog handler and available for checks/walking within the MK area- rates are negotiable, depending on requirement and distance. For further information you can call me on 07964924500.

Kind regards

Caryn.

10. Marta22

Marta22 PetForums Newbie

Hi!
    If you have not had one, then I will gladly undertake. Reached for the dog. You're welcome to take on. I love them. If you think you can write to my email address.;)
    noniusz2@gmail.com

Regards Marta

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice