Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wanted Cheap Sure Flap Cat Flap Urgent!

Discussion in 'Cat Classifieds' started by Baby British, May 9, 2010.

1. Baby British

Baby British PetForums VIP

I bought one of these a few months ago with the idea being that it would prevent Marley from gaining access to Layla's food as he is allergic to the food that she eats. I put the cat flap in the downstairs toilet door with Layla's food in the toilet (not literally!) and programmed it so only she could get in. This has been successful in stopping Marley eating Layla's food but the problem now lies in the fact that Layla has developed a taste for Marley's food :eek:

We've tried everything including shutting Marley in the kitchen with his food overnight so he gets to eat it but he's such a slow eater that there is still food left in the morning and Layla comes along and gobbles it all down in one go! It's getting so bad that Layla is more often than refusing to eat her own food :eek: She's getting fatter whereas poor Marley is a string bean!

The next plan is to fit a sure flap cat flap inside the upstairs toilet door that is only programmed to let Marley in so he can enjoy his grub at his own leisure without the fear of Layla coming along and snaffling the lot.

I really can't afford one of these cat flaps at full price ATM but if anyone has going one going begging at a reasonable price I'd be more than grateful (and poor Marley certainly would!)

Kimberley xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice