Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Want to cry!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Oct 24, 2012.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Had enough :crying:

I can't wait til I can move out and never have to live with family again, they do my bloody head in. I actually think I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown the way this is going :crying:

Someone fix my life :(

2. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Whats wrong? Lots of shoulders to cry on here :)

#2 Lavenderb, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  3. GoldenShadow

My brother is a complete and utter cock basically. It turns out he has booked next week off work. I booked it off because I have stupid amounts of work to do and otherwise I don't get time off work until end of Jan. In his weeks off he makes massive rackets, slobs about creating huge mess and upsetting everyone. He earns 45K aged 26 years old and pays my Mum £70 a month in rent which doesn't even cover the food he eats. My other brother has a huge problem with him as well. He is very argumentative to the point he upsets people on a regular basis but to everyone else appears lovely. He just treats everyone horribly.

If I could move out I would but it means not taking the dogs which isn't an option :crying:

I'm so stressed right now anyway a week off work was going to help sort everything out but its just not going to happen :(

4. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

Your brother earns 45k, still lives at home and pays £70 rent??

Are your parents mad :eek: :)

Sorry I do see your problem, Frustrating to say the least.

#4 northnsouth, Oct 24, 2012
  5. GoldenShadow

A month as well, its not £70 a week. He lived with my Dad for a while but Dad told him to jog on so now he's here with us. He's very argumentative and arrogant, he'll ask for an opinion on something then belittle you and row making himself right so in reality there is no point talking to him.

He's v hypocritical. Borrows money off my Mum left right and centre. He got a speeding ticket and argued with the police to not have to pay it. Instead of having to pay £60 he has now had to pay over £300. Oh wait, no Mum has paid it because he has no money until he gets paid.

He borrows off her all the time, then had the audacity to have a go at me because I borrowed £300 when Rupert got pancreatitis because Mum didn't want me to take money out of my ISA for it because it means I can't put it back in til April.

He was seeing a woman who lives with her boyfriend and they have a mortgage together (this was him seeing her behind her bf's back). He then went ape at me because I met up with my ex boyfriend who was in town. My OH knew about it and was fine with it, and my ex's Dad has terminal cancer and this is likely to be his last Christmas. I don't adore my ex or particularly want him as a friend but in my eyes you don't turn someone away who has nobody to talk to and is awaiting for their parent to die (he is 20, his Dad 54 ish, so not particularly old).

Just ARGH. This isn't even where the issues stem from, but generally he is very reluctant to do anything that helps anyone other than himself, and sadly he takes advantage of people like my Mum in order to benefit himself, not caring of the consequences :(

Supposedly he is moving out soon. But he's been here over a year and was never meant to be here gone last xmas. If I go I can't take the dogs, therefore I wont go because Mum can't give them what they need. Our plan is to save up as much as possible and bugger off to hopefully buy something before the end of 2015. Then never come back. Just can't take the dogs if I rent, its hard around here :(

#5 GoldenShadow, Oct 24, 2012
  6. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

No wonder you need a rant..

7. gem88

gem88 PetForums VIP

aren't famillies wonderful :eek:

no wonder you're ready to crack. is there anyway you can get a quick break away even just for a few days?

8. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

ohhh...hugs....
    Iknow what you mean...my brother lives with my parents too..and his girlfriend, dog, cat...she gives something the rest live off my retired parents...my brother works...and travels the world and has expensive tastes...

I am thanks God in Gibraltar...but nothing i can do except if I mention it my parents get very upset...
    all you can do is to think of ways of gettting out ealier ...with dogs.....and if you want some peace to study...public library or some such..i used to do that allthe time...else there was no way i can study...

hugs once again...
    or try to spend time at friends' home etc? anyone who you can visit with dogs?
    I had a friend with a dog and a flat nearby who kindly put up with me and my dog...:)...

9. GoldenShadow

Can't go anywhere sadly :( Got 3 x 3000 word assignments in for Dec 10th or thereabouts (whichever Monday is nearest!) which is why I've booked next week off, to get cracking on them. Uni ends on the Friday in Dec and I have to hand them in on the Monday.

I would just go and work in the uni library but its a building site atm, its three floors high and did have a staircase in the middle which has been ripped out. They were meant to have finished ages ago but the gist of it is its very disruptive trying to do much work lower down and the silent and quiet zones on floors 2 and 3 are rammed full of because because of this, so its quite hard to do much up there.

I can't get time off work in Dec or early Jan, my next week off is 21st Jan and it just feels forever away, although it will be a week off everything completely. Despite being *off work* next week I'm still in uni.

10. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

any pothole in your dept? or go the halls...my refuge too...some folks stay and are happy to study in company...when studying with a friend we found we can motivate each other and check each other stuff...and pool money together too..petrol and food..
    anything..like library in the town? usually those have computers etc...and wifi..
    I even used quiet cafes...
    just anywhere but home...:eek:

11. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

Just try and blank your brother, don't let him know what you are doing then he can't stick his nose in if he asks for your opinion on something don't give it!. Do you have other relatives, say grandparents, close by that you could go to during the day to do your quiet study?

Appreciate you must feel your mum is being used but its what mums do afraid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice