Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Want a bath?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by BessieDog, Aug 27, 2013.

1. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Son came back home after spending a few days away. He had about four bags and struggled taking them upstairs - which meant he left the stair gate open behind him.

Well Bess saw her chance and tore upstairs.

Son yells down for me to do something. Bess isn't allowed upstairs, so she's manic if she gets up there.

When I want to give her a bath I nonchalantly leave the stair gate open, and she's got wise to that fact.

So I stood at the bottom of the stairs and called out 'Want a bath?'

Well! Bess came hurtling down the stairs so fast she almost knocked me over. She then ran through the kitchen and straight out into the garden.

I take it the answer was 'no'. :D

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Mine have the same reaction when the hosepipe comes out :cryin: :p.

3. ozrex

ozrex PetForums VIP

A little applied pschology goes a long way...

One of my friends teaches at a primary school and was blessed with number of "high spirited" little boys (formerly known as ratbags) one year. She was anticipating a visit from "teaching advisors from the Department of Education or whatever they were) formerly known as inspectors. She told the ratbags that if they put a toe out of line she'd hug and kiss them and put on the brightest, redest lipstick she could find. The boys behaved beautifully.

POOR BESS! She was conned!!!! :D

4. Huskybob

Huskybob PetForums Member

Ours don't like baths either but luckily it doesn't happen often :)

I don't know why these dogs think it's so bad! They don't even have to wash themselves, they get their lackeys to do it.

Though despite this, everytime Broder sees a bath he has to jump into it, aslong as it's not full of water. This happens with anyones bath at any house :)

5. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

Hahahaha poor Bess, tricked like that! Wouldn't work with Henry I'm afraid - everytime we mention 'bath' he tears upstairs and jumps straight in!

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

We used to have a GSD who did that he was upstairs and in the bath before I had even got through the dorr and to the bottom of the stairs:D:D

However

Now if you mention the bath word you have never seen so many dogs dissappear so quickly:eek::eek: Having a bath also means going to a show so the next morning they start creating holly hell at silly o'clock as they think they are going to a show:cursing:

Poor Bess being conned like that mind you be carefull one day it might back fire and she'll get in the bath waiting for you.

7. VickynHolly

VickynHolly PetForums VIP

Holly hides whenever that horrible word is said in this house. She will jump in the bath on her own, but she stands frozen on the spot tail between her legs. She hardly ever jumps out herself though. :rolleyes:

I left her at the groomers once, and she did a poo in the bath. Never done it to me. Think she didn't like me leaving her, plus the dogs and then the bath was too much for her. She has never done a poo indoors apart from that time.

Think it is safe to say my dog hates baths.

#7 VickynHolly, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  8. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Strangely Bess does that too! Once she's in the bathroom (which usually involves OH having to carry her upstairs) she'll jump in the bath as if to say, okay, you've got me now.

She very much prefers warmer water - heaven forbid if the hot gets turned down a bit. She'll try and jump out then. But as long as the water's warm enough she stand until I finish. And then give a lovely big shake to make sure I'm as wet as her! :rolleyes:

I have to encourage her to jump out then - well I'm not lifting 24 kg of wet dog! :eek:

9. Gil3987

Gil3987 PetForums Senior

We lived in a house that didnt have a bath at the time we had our akita, it only had a double shower (thankfully) and i used to just get a swimming costume on and get in the shower with him and he loved it, thought i was a great game!!! and then when i was getting ready for work or to go out and i got in the shower without him he would huff!! then he would go and run round the couch in the livingroom and rub his self all over it to dry himself, crazy dog!!

But poor bess, she obviously doesnt really like baths then haha

Gill
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice