Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wandering Pond Snail

Discussion in 'Wildlife Gallery' started by Nonnie, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Thanks to my local council, my little pond was poisoned, and apart from around 100 newts, everything died, went to the bottom and rotted, until it was a greeny-black, bubbly, frothy, stinky oil slick.

So i spent most of my weekend emptying, scrubbing and trying to salvage what i could. I still stink to high heaven, despite repeated showers.

Im so pleased though that my little colony of snails survived, and they are happily back in their now clean home.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. owns the beast

owns the beast PetForums Senior

What on earth did the council do??? :eek:

I'm sorry for your loss. That must have been pretty heartbreaking. The snails look lovely though :001_smile:

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

They weedkillered all up the side of my fence where there is a public footpath (and which i keep clear of weeds) and it seems it was lethal to pondlife. Killed close to 100 frogs and all their spawn :(

4. owns the beast

owns the beast PetForums Senior

That's so sad :(

Have you written/phoned to complain? I suspect it wasn't so much a spray as chucking a bucket of it liberally around the place.

Very inconsiderate :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice