Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Walnut........

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by frags, Mar 26, 2011.

1. frags

frags PetForums VIP

Had a litter of 5 today but when i found them all 5 were out of nest and cold, i managed to bring 1 back but the rest didnt make it :(

As the days/nights are still cold the single baby wont survive so ive bought mother & baby indoors.
    Baby is in an open cat carrier and Walnut has free range of my daughters bedroom with food water & litter tray.

Ive been seeing to her and baby and ive checked and baby is really fat which indicates its been fed.

Walnut is loving the fuss she is getting and is laying out on the cool flooring and purring :D at 1st i worried it was grinding the teeth in pain but it was so soft and she is laying out with feet out and also happily binkying about.

She is 1 happy mumma at mo.

Keep the littlen in your thoughts as a single baby doesnt always make it but im trying my hardest to get the little 1 through the 1st few days.

Will keep you updated.

2. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

Im sending some positive vibes for the little one, its such a shame about the others :( You are doing a fantastic job frags, i really hope the little one makes it xx

3. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

RIP little ones, sending loads of vibes for the little one and hugs to you xxx

4. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

oh no, poor little bubbas :( would it be worth popping a warm hot water bottle under the nest for a bit of added warm, and putting a small stuffed toy in for the kit to snuggle up to

sending lots of vibes for the little un, glad mums taken the move well bless her

5. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Awww am so sorry about the others hun! Sending positives vibes hun for baba!!

6. frags

frags PetForums VIP

baby survived the night although seems quite weak this morning, ive heated it with my hand and walnut seems to be ok, happily pooing everywhere lol

7. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

got my fingers crossed for the little one.xxxx

8. frags

frags PetForums VIP

R.I.P little 1, you fought hard to survive and your mummy tried her best, even still tried feeding you when you had grown wings.

:( :(

9. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Oh no hun, I'm so sorry :(

RIP little, binky free at the bridge with your brothers and sisters xxx

10. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Oh hun am so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP little one! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

im so sorry, :(:(
    R I P little ones.

12. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

Oh no im so sorry! :( RIP little one, binky free with your brothers and sisters xxxx

13. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

:( so heart breaking, youve lost a few recently is there no way of getting some heat into your pens? i dont think youve introduced us to walnut?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice