Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wallflower cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by sarahfenn29, Jul 21, 2020.

1. sarahfenn29

sarahfenn29 PetForums Newbie

Hello,

Any advice here would be very appreciated! Two months ago we bought a very nervous indoor cat, scared of her own shadow. About a month ago she started to not be afraid of me, and now she absolutely loves me, comes when I call, but is still terrified of everyone else in the house, even though they are all lovely to her. Anyway, I am really worried because I am moving out in two weeks. I wasn't planning to move when we purchased her, but she was always meant to be more for my mum. But now I am really worried. Do you think she will cling to someone else when I leave?

BTW, mum is already the person that feeds our cat and does the litter tray

#1 sarahfenn29, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I understand how you feel, I've got a very nervous cat as well who only likes me. Such a shame you are moving but, hopefully, if everyone else is kind to her, she will find someone else, like your Mum, to latch on to. Doesn't seem to be any choice does there?

3. Mistys Mum

Mistys Mum PetForums Member

what are you doing different to others in the house that would have made her come to you or do you just spend more time with her. It's so precious to be chosen by a timid cat.

Orla likes this.
  4. sarahfenn29

sarahfenn29 PetForums Newbie

I'm not too sure why she chose me, to start with I spent just as long with her as everyone else, but she only trusted me. I will try and visit as often as I can to help her. I have bought her a pheromone diffuser to try and help with her nerves so maybe she will be more relaxed with the rest of the family

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice