Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Walks in Lancashire, maybe Pendle Hill?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sharloid, May 30, 2016.

1. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

Hallo! I'll be going to Darwen (east Lancashire) tomorrow and as it's a long drive thought we could take the dogs and make a day of it.

I've left it a bit late but any recommendations for walks? Dog friendly, not too many sheep/too steep/too narrow, not really really long and circular preferred but not necessary. We did Darwen tower last time we were there and I was thinking Pendle Hill but I've never been so don't know if it's any good.

[​IMG]

2. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Pendle hill is nice but does have quite a few sheep but is big enough you can take little arcs to avoid them completely. It's quite steep too but there are lots of routes if you're wanting to go to the top. Or the walk I did to the reservoir was really nice if you're not wanting something too steep and the walk around the reservoir is nice with some stunning views.

If you don't mind a bit more travel Malham is only about 30 minutes drive from pendle hill and that is really lovely. I really love walks in that area although it can get busy.

Clitheroe has some nice circular walks too.

3. Sarahliz100

Sarahliz100 PetForums VIP

Tockholes woods and roddlesworth reservoir make a lovely circuit. Near Darwen Tower. About an hour for the circuit. No sheep. A few slightly narrow bits I suppose. Beautiful with bluebells this time of year.

Pendle hill is nice but definitely sheep there.

I'm further south in Lancs so don't know too many of the walks around there.

4. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

Thanks for the ideas!
    We got there and decided to do Darwen Tower again. Parked up, the new handbrake cable snapped and then we had forgotten the walking belts so couldn't walk! 6 hour round trip (I was also there to get a tree cutting). Arghhh!

5. Muttly

Muttly Fluffy Mutts Rule!

Pendle Hill is very haunted! :Lurking

lullabydream likes this.
  6. JenKyzer

JenKyzer PetForums VIP

Where did you park?
    My favourite entrance near the tower pub has been sectioned off for ages :( . & I hate the other 'busier' entrances (via sunnyhurst / bold venture etc)
    I haven't been for a while so just wondering if it's still got workmen all over it doing the reservoirs :)
    Did you enjoy? It's always best in the day time during the week I think :)

7. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

We parked at Bold Venture, couldn't for the life of me remember where else to park and I forgot to look it up! Didn't enjoy it though, no walking belts so they didn't get a walk! Poor pups, bit of a wasted journey!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice