Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Walking problem...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Wing Commander, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Wing Commander

Wing Commander PetForums Junior

Hi there.

Summer is now fully vaccinated up and starting to go for walks, well 4 so far to be precise, but I have a little problem with her...

...she doesn't want to go. When I put the lead on to leave the house she immediately starts to pull away. She will then do this down the road. As she's only 11 weeks I can drag her if I want but I don't want to. Treats work to a degree - she will run the length of the lead to the treat when called (albeit reluctantly) then she eats it and digs in. She seems to have a bit of a fear of cars but we live in a close where there literally are none until we get to the main road. I have taken to picking her up and carrying her to the main road when she suddenly gets into the swing of things and is happy as larry! For the next 10/15 mins (Still on short walks) she is brilliant, running happily, tail wagging, coming when called and generally loving it. She's then fine all the way home, including back on the lead, and even seems to be getting over her fear of cars.

So why is she so reluctant to leave in the first place - carrying her seems like a road I don't want to go down but she utterly refuses to come otherwise so it's that or dragging? Any ideas welcome.

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice