Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Walk in town

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nellybelly, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Very proud mommy today:)

We went into busy busy town with Bella this afternoon, as it wasnt a very hot day and we went after 5pm.
    This involved short lead walking on pavements of very busy roads, walking down by the shops with loads and loads of people/kids/bikes, and sitting at a cafe. Bella was perfect with everything...loose lead 99% of the time, friendly with anyone who wished to pet her, sat very well at the cafe for a full 45 minutes without getting impatient.

We had one minor minor hiccup. Someone past right by our table at the cafe on rollerblades and Bella has never seen this before in her life. SHe was of course on lead but had she beed off lead I can guarantee Bella would have joined in soem rollerblading fun!:p I find it interesting that althoughs he was abike/motorbike/car chaser, I have taight her not to, but yet she still attempted to chase the new moving object (lady on rolelrblades). I thought I had taught her to "leave it" for teh chasing behaviour in general, but it appears I have taught her not to chase specific things?:confused:

Anyway, Bella throughly enjoyed her afternoon out in town, and then I was slightly naughty:eek: I took her to a quiet park and played some fetch off -lead, despite the fact that she has stitches in her paw. We kept it very calm and fetches were a very short distance. Bella had a good roll about on the grass too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice