UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have occasionally read or heard of people whose dogs suggest when it is time in the morning for some action, i.e. that their Owners get up! :mellow:

My own dogs wait until I skip downstairs (ok, flop downstairs). Do your dogs wait, or are they Yowling, howling, barking, whistling, playing hockey ball with a loaf of bread, perhaps even preparing breakfast, (but sampling most of it) :eek:hmy:

tailtickle Zzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Meg leaps onto the bed [doesn't care one jot where she lands :yikes:] and gives you a 'bed bath'

The time???

Whenever it starts to get light - which is not too bad atm..... but thru the 'summer' Jeeeeze it was early!! :001_unsure:

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
I can barely drag Dixie and Dave from where they are sleeping when I get up with the kids in the morning :lol:

The first night I had Chase in the bedroom he cried at 7am to get up (we get up at 8 usually) but now he just stays quiet. In fact on sunday I didn't get up until 9.30 and he was still quiet then :)

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
When they were young, I got up super early every day (and in the night when they were toilet training) now, they're fine with normal getting up times, and if I want a lie in, I let them sleep in my room - if they're asleep too, I know it's fine to carry on snoozing and if Rosie needs a week I can tell cos she's restless... :eek:

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
I get up when I hear Kilo starting to move about, have a 'wash' etc - he doesn't bark or anything like that though. I am usually awake anyway and like to get up early.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i never understand how people's dogs waking up in another room can wake them up.. i'm obviously a really heavy sleeper, she has to literally stand on top of me and lick my face, when she stays in our room, for me to wake up!
but no she doesn't wake me up on a normal day, she's always fast asleep when i go down to drag her out of bed for a toilet trip :)

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Inca sleeps on my bed and lets me know if she needs a wee, sometimes I wake up first and just let her out for wee while I go (my back door is in my bedroom in bungalow).

Usually I go get a cuppa, if I have toast she has a bit or I put her a bit of her breakfast portions into a treat toy so I can go back to bed with my cuppa for another hour!

She found it confusing first few days when clocks went back cos she was thinking it was late and we still weren't out the door or even had breakfast..lol..but she's got used to it a bit more now.

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
i never understand how people's dogs waking up in another room can wake them up.. i'm obviously a really heavy sleeper, she has to literally stand on top of me and lick my face, when she stays in our room, for me to wake up!
but no she doesn't wake me up on a normal day, she's always fast asleep when i go down to drag her out of bed for a toilet trip :)
Kilo is downstairs and I wake even if he gets up and repositions himself during the night...very light sleeper indeed :eek:.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I get up very early and the dogs slide off the sofa and greet me when I reach the sitting room. I wake them up, effectively.

However, my dogs have Serious Work to do in the mornings. It's their Duty to rouse teenagers. An ugly job but someone has to do it.

The Younger (14 y-o) Monster is the first (and the worst). Rex jumps on the bed and settles himself on a suitable lump. Tess scrabbles the head out of the pillows and applies an enthusiastic face wash. They ignore "GERROFF" and "STOBBIT" until Younger Monster pats and cuddles them.

My Inner Mongolian awakens to a simple knock on the door and a "Time to get up from me." He's a lovely boy.

Older Monster (17 y-o) fends off face washing by dragging his pillow over his head and clamping down on it with both hands. Fortunately he sleeps with his feet stuck out of his sheet/doona/blankets. He has huge feet. Rex snuffles (he's very whiskery) and Tess licks. That shifts him!

·
Registered
463 Posts
George acts like a teenager when we get up for work (about 6:30 am) He normally looks at us with a "You seriously think I'm going to move? I'm comfy!" expression, as you can gather, he appreciates when we have a lie-in :D

SJ

·
Registered
23,248 Posts
that's insane! i've frequently slept through dogs (my own and others!) climbing all over me.. i can fall asleep using tia as a pillow and fail to notice if she gets out from under me, lol, oh dear!
Im with Dogless on this one!:D My lot used to sleep downstairs in the kitchen but they used to scratch at the door half the night. It might as well have been roadworks in my bedroom as the sound of chihuahua scratches through 2 doors, I never could sleep with it going on.
Now they sleep in the bed with me and they are much less of a bother. They never wake me up and will just sleep in til I decide to get up.:)

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Mine will happily snooze all day long if I do.

They only ever wake me up if they need to toilet. But I can let them out in the garden to for a minute and then they will happily come back to bed for a lie in again :D

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Me and the boys do not do mornings. I've always been one to be up all night and now I work nights to, so they are well into our backwards routine of getting up early afternoon for walks and mooching round the house :)

So no they happily stay in bed with us where it's warm until we want to get up

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Kilo is downstairs and I wake even if he gets up and repositions himself during the night...very light sleeper indeed :eek:.
You'd get no sleep at all in this house! dogs moving about, getting up for a drink, growling/barking at things, people coming in at stupid times in middle of night and setting the dogs off barking, Tammy whining for me to lift her on the chair in the night, then whining to get off again :rolleyes: scratching the door to go out for the toilet, i could go on :p
Luckily for me i'm an extremely heavy sleeper!

The dogs are happy to sleep until i get up, i think Tammy waits for me cos as soon as i open my eyes and start to stretch she jumps out of bed and comes up for a morning cuddle :001_wub: then if i take too long to get out of bed she will start dancing about and growling at me or climbing on my face lol
Charlie would never leave the bed if i didn't make her :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.