Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wainwright's wet

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Becky951, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Becky951

Becky951 PetForums Newbie

I have tried raw with my five for six weeks now and two of them just won't eat it. My Frenchie in particular will go 2 or 3 days refusing, and is loosing weight.

I have decided to switch those two on a decent quality wet, rather than put them back on kibble. Wainwrights looks good, is there any mixers etc or anything that can go with it? Or just feed the wet on it's own?

2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

A complete set is exactly that complete. I presume that's what it says on the packaging...sorry no pets at home local so it's ages since I have bought Wainwrights.

Unless a wet food says complimentary then no need to add a mixer, which says complimentary too.

Am sure your dogs will be happy enough with just the wet food.

I tend to feed wet or raw in the morning for mine, and they seem happy enough...although I have one that doesn't like raw, so will have kibble or wet when others have raw. The others will eat anything given to them!

3. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

My two are on Wainwrights wet for their dinner and do well on it. I don't mix it with anything.

lullabydream likes this.
  4. Deano's Pet Food

Deano's Pet Food PetForums Junior

Hi Becky

As lullaby dream has said, as long as it isn't a complimentary food, it should be absolutely fine. Just double check the packaging, looking for the word complete.

I feed mine kibble with a high fish or meat content, but I also occasionally mix fresh meat with it - mainly cooked though. My two Wolfhounds love to have a little chicken with their kibble. So, I put some chicken thighs in a pressure cooker, and cook it for an hour or two - then when its cooled down, I popp the thighs in the fridge. I also keep the water/stock from the pan, as when cool, it forms a lovely nutritious chicken jelly, which I add to the kibble and Chicken thigh meat. The meat simply falls off of the bone, as its cooked very well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice