Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

wainwrights wet trays

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Blitz, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I mentioned a while ago that I was not happy with the trays. The dogs were doing very hard and crumbly poos and in Candy's case often followed by runny stuff. Hers were also so hard they were often tinged with blood. The dogs really did not seem so keen on it either.

I have complained to Pets at Home but got no response at all. It goes through something called Resolver and I was asked last week if I wanted to continue with it but it is disgraceful that they do not even respond.

Unfortunately I have not found anything else that Toffee can eat. She seems not to manage grain or any meat but chicken or turkey. I have bought a couple of boxes of senior food and that seems much more palatable and ordinary poos but if they change it like they have the adult I will have wasted money again. I have £40 worth of the adult stuff which I am trying to feed mixed in with the senior but it is not ideal. I have to order it online so normally get 4 boxes so there is no postage charges.

Has anyone had problems with complaints to Pets at Home and what happened. Also any food that might be similar to Wainwrights. I think the thing that set Toffee off was when I tried similar looking trays of a different make, she had been fine with anything before that. Forthglade looks very different and is far more expensive but might be worth a try. Not sure where to get it from

2. icklemunch

icklemunch PetForums Senior

Hi.

They really are rubbish at responding to e-mails. I had a complaint a while back re some food i had delivered that was open and rotton and i did it via live chat on their website. Was sorted in a few minutes.

Zooplus is a good place to buy Forthglade very often on offer.

Blitz likes this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I will see if I can find live chat . Failing that I will try trading standards. I need to just get a few forthglade to try as Toffee might not be able to eat it.

4. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Cant find any way of opening it. It says click on the can I help you icon on the right hand corner of the browser but there is not one so that is not going to work!

5. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

I think some supermarkets sell Forthglade, I order mine off Amazon as I would have to go out my way to collect any in person. I was finding my girl was going off Forthglade a bit so I`ve been trying her on Sainsburys hypoallergenic Terrine and she is doing really well on it which is a bonus as I can collect that myself

Blitz likes this.
  6. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

You can buy single Forthglade trays at Sainsbury's

Blitz likes this.
  7. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Mine doesn`t stock them sadly but it is only a small Sainsburys so they can`t stock everything. I think Tesco`s sell them also?

Blitz likes this.
  8. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

We have a tesco but dont know if they sell it. When we are at the holiday cottage there is a Sainsburys but the chances of them stocking the one that I want is remote.

did I dream it or has it been said on here that Forthglade make Wainwrights

9. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Do you do any social media, Blitz? Facebook and Twitter are particularly good for this. Because your complaint is public they respond to it helpfully a hell of a lot quicker in case it puts off other potential customers.

Blitz likes this.
  10. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Forthglade did make Wainwrights but not sure they still do. Mine didn't get on with Wainwrights but fine with Forthglade.

Blitz likes this.
  11. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I take it all back - I eventually got hold of someone on the phone and he refunded me the full value - £60

12. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Maybe I will order some senior and also some forthglade and see if Toffee can manage it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice