Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wainwrights dog food

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by spamvicious, May 22, 2017.

1. spamvicious

spamvicious PetForums Senior

Does/did anyone feed their dog wainwrights food?. I've been feeding Star the puppy food for a couple of weeks and she has got progressively more aggressive and hyper. Of course it could just be puppy behaviour on its own, I was just wondering what other people's experience was?.

2. Guzel

Guzel PetForums Newbie

I have had Daisy a week now and changed her food quickly from the rubbish the breeder!(puppy farm) gave me.She is on WW turkey and rice 1/2 tray and no dried. I haven't had and agression (only 9 weeks) but she can be hyper after her food instead of resting,(she tears round without stopping) also constipated going but little hard.Put water on her food because she doesn't drink much. What does your puppy do as Daisy does normal things like cant walk because she's biting my toes or biting everything in sight! I think this is normal puppy play. I have had rescue dogs before but never a puppy.

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Highly, HIGHLY unlikely to be the food.

More likely to be related to age and confidence.

ShibaPup likes this.
  4. Nettles

Nettles PetForums VIP

Phoebe has always been fed on Wainwrights dry since 8wks old. She was an insanely hyper puppy but I believe that was just her nature rather than the food. We've tried a few other brands along the way but they just didn't seem to agree with her and certainly made no difference to her hyperness so we've always ended up back at Wainwrights again. We add a little bit of Butchers Lean and Tasty now to keep her interested. It works well for her so we've stuck with it.

5. spamvicious

spamvicious PetForums Senior

LOL it most probably is Star just being a little devil. I was just curious but like you guys have said it's probably just down to her getting more confident and is a coincidence that I also changed her food. She's on dry WW food with a tiny bit of WW wet food mixed in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice