Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wainwrights Dog Food Trays?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Argent, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

What's your opinion? My mum wants to know if it's any good. I don't trust in P@H anymore, but the ingredients list looks ok to me, but I'm no expert.
    What do you guys think? It's for my 1year old male Shih Tzu Oscar, who has mild hip dysplasia and a sensitive tum. He's on Nature Diet trays at the moment and loves them.

Thanks for reading

Ingredients:

Lamb and Rice

Fresh Lamb (min. 65%), Lamb Liver (min. 5%), Brown Rice (min. 5%), Minerals, Vitamins, Seaweed, Chicory Root. with Antioxidant EC Additives.

Moisture 75.2%, Protein 11.7%, Oils and Fats 5.4%, Fibre 4.9%, Ash 2.8%, Calcium 0.51%, Phosphorus 0.42%, Vitamin A 1500iu/kg, Vitamin D3 150iu/kg, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol) 25iu/kg. Vitamin declaration is valid until best before date printed with batch number on side of pack.

and Turkey and Rice

Turkey (Min. 65%): the natural goodness of poultry meat;
    Brown rice: highly digestible carbohydrates;
    Seaweed: full of important natural trace elements;
    Chicory root: with added natural prebiotics that boost friendly bacteria to help maintain a healthy digestive system;
    Calcium and phosphorus: balanced levels to promote optimum growth.

2. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

Lots of people on here feed it. It's a good quality wet food.

But if he's loving the naturdiet, why change?

3. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I put Ted on it some time ago, hes nearly 12 and does great on it:D

4. syso

syso PetForums Newbie

We have a new Staffie puppy and put her on the Wainwrights Dog Food Trays. She got very sick, vomited and it took a few trays before we realised it was after that. We thought it was the kibble but no. Won't be buying that now.:-(

5. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Oh my :( Well he wolfed down his first taste of it. I think my mum might just want a change, I don't really know why she wants to change it tbh, but thanks for the info.

6. tafwoc

tafwoc PetForums VIP

I changed mine to wainwrights from naturediet just because the bloody packaging was a nightmare on the naturediet and i either nearly cut my fingers off trying to open it, or allot of the packets had blown, leaving me with ruined food. Iv had no problems with wainwrights so far though.

7. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Oh I know how that is, plenty of bust packets and ruined food here too. It's a shame too because it's a decent diet.

8. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Lol, same here. Sometimes the nature diet trays were off too - I never had that with wainwrights. I fed to the pups for a while and they liked it.

9. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

Spoilage was why I stopped using naturediet and switched to weinwrights too, I was throwing away more food than I was using.

10. Maz&Oozy

Maz&Oozy PetForums Member

I have a 6 month old Shih Tzu and he loves WainWrights, he has the Turkey and Rice and I use the matching flavoured Kibble for training treats if im not using steamed green beans or sweet potato and if im going out for a long period of time so know ive always a meal on hand, he has done very well on it, coats lovely, he is def not as hyper as he was before on previous food and his tum is well settled and he goes twice a day, which is less than he was going before (hope that wasnt to much info lol) and if he could he'd wolf down more than I give him lol

:)

11. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Awwh that all sounds good! Oscar has started leaving his nature diet, which my mum said was her main reason besides spoilage. Here's hoping his tum settles as well and everything runs like clockwork again!

12. finoni9

finoni9 PetForums VIP

Weve used Wainwrights for over a year and had no issues with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice