Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wainwright's Cat Food

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Satori, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Satori

Satori One of Life's Winners.

I noticed this at my local p@h today. It is a new line (I assume it is a p@h own label?). Anyway, it rather stupidly has peas in it (3%) but, apart from that it seems to be one of the best foods available at retail; 75% meat content, single protein. Looks like lilys but much cheaper.

Wainwrights Adult Cat Turkey With Vegetable Pate 90g | Pets at Home

2. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Definitely worth a try! :thumbup1:

They seem to have 4 flavours: http://www.petsathome.com/shop/cat/cat-food-treats/wet-cat-food/?ref1=1|Brand-|Wainwrights

#2 Treaclesmum, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  3. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

I use the WW trays for Maisie & it's fab (much better than the tins who are made by a different manufacturer!)

If the cat trays are the same, they will be made by Forth Glade and should be very similar to their own product

Found a better link

4. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

Meant to add (sorry!) - Archie loves the dog one and I really have to watch him if I'm doing Maisie's dinner as he'll pinch it out the air-tight box if I turn my back :eek:

Will def be getting some to try :) thanks letting us know it's there

5. loubyfrog

loubyfrog PetForums VIP

I saw this the other day and was tempted to get some for Minky but they only do 2 flavours (one a fishy flavour and she doesn't like fish) for older cats and Minkys 10.

Whats the difference between 1-7 yrs and senior? is there really a difference....I just thought if it was a good content food then any cat of any age thats eating solids can have it. :confused:

6. Forester

Forester trained by Dylan

I couldn't see any claims that it is a " complete " food. Have I missed it somewhere?. If it is incomplete I personally would steer away from it.

Apologies , if I missed any indication of completeness (???). Only had a couple of hours sleep last night so may well have missed something glaringly obvious.:confused:

Sorry, I've just spotted something like " all the vitamins and minerals your cat needs". Will slap wrists and resolve to read details properly before putting foot in mouth,

#6 Forester, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  7. Satori

Ooh, that could be good news then. I rate Forthglade highly but it is a pain to get hold of. The packaging is very similar come to think of it. I bought some anyway and will see how it goes down tomorrow.

8. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

I've never really bothered with senior food for either the dogs or cats tbh - its usually a difference in protein &/or fat - but just looked & the same for the adult & senior

There's a slight difference in ingredients (Turkey one) but I'd still feed the adult to a senior hth

9. ReikiSaker

ReikiSaker PetForums Newbie

Wainrights is a complete food, it is a P&h high end brand and is very successful. There are hyped allergenic versions also for sensitive kitties :)
    Hope that helps?

10. ReikiSaker

Also, th difference between adult 1-7 food and senior food is a higher amount of oils and omega 3&6 which an older cat requires, so ideally it is best to move your older cat onto a mature food to ensure they are getting the correct amount of nutrients etc that they need x

11. Satori

That's quite a claim! I would like to hear more. Can you provide references / research? Thanks.

12. ReikiSaker

My ref and training come from the company I work for ahem and also all the info is on p@h website x:devil:

13. seanr68

seanr68 PetForums Newbie

Heres the breakdown of the dry food ingredients. Theres no wheat, but theres a lot of other grain.
    Not entirely sure if that's a very bad thing or not?

Ingredient(s):

Turkey Meal (38%), Brown Rice (31%), Barley, Pea Protein, Poultry Fat, Digest, Minerals, Linseed (1%), Yeasts, Lucerne, Seaweed Meal (0.5%), Prebiotic-Mannan Oligosaccharides, Cranberry Extract Powder (500mg/kg), Rosemary Extract (300mg/kg), Yucca Extract(100mg/kg).

Additives:

Protein 32%; Crude Fibres 2.5%; Crude Oils and Fats 10%; Crude Ash 10.5%. Moisture 7%

14. Piecan

Piecan PetForums Newbie

Hi I've just found out some levels if anyone is interested, took a while to get the information. My query was for the feline turkey biscuits

Kitten:- Taurine 1.6%, Sodium 0.513%, Phosphorus 1.518%

Adult:- Taurine 1.28%, Sodium 0.495%, Phosphorus 1.42%

Mature:- Taurine 1.28%, Sodium 0.392%, Phosphorus 1.32%

#14 Piecan, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  15. Satori

:lol::lol::lol:

16. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Satori, I did see it in p@h but didnt take that much notice :eek:

Whats the texture like.

Our p@h didnt habe too much variety of it

17. bogie

bogie PetForums Junior

My Henry boy actually ate some of this (in my quest to get him off Sheba, I'm trying everything I can lay my hands on :D)

Well, he ate the Lamb flavour in the tray (haven't bought the pouches)
    I rejoiced and went back to the shop and bought a load more trays (Lamb, Salmon and Turkey)

Then he flatly refused to touch the salmon or the turkey. Sometimes he rejects food and then hangs on in the vain off chance that I might relent and provide Sheba, then when I don't he returns to the food half an hour later and finishes it off!

But not with the salmon or turkey. It lay there for a very long time and he looked so forlorn in the end, I had to give in and give Sheba.

But he will eat the lamb one oddly enough. The texture is weird - it's like hard pate.

18. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Believe me there are a few sheba addicts on here, despite the want of trying :eek:

Thanks for the texture info.

Mine are on sheba with the.odd couple of tins of gourmet chucked in to get the off the stuff

19. Trogers

Trogers PetForums Member

What's the difference between the pouches and the trays?
    Mine like the pouches but not the trays..... :(

20. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

Mia .... Sheba

Archie .... Gourmet

*sigh*

BUT having spent years and a small fortune trying just about every wet there is (have been down the full list on Zoo+ :rolleyes: and everything you can get in the supermarkets) at least they will eat some wet now as they're the 1st things either of them will eat

The WW .... mmmmm nope!:(

Although Archie still pinches Maisie's dog one whenever poss :confused:

Wonder if the pouches are worth a try ..... might pop to PAH at the weekend!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice