Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wainrights puppy grain free

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by amanda1252, Sep 15, 2020.

1. amanda1252

amanda1252 PetForums Newbie

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am really confused about the feeding guide for the Wainrights puppy grain free food.

I have a labrador puppy so will be considered a large breed. The back of the bag suggests that based on her expected adult weight and age 2-6 months then I should be feeding her 650-700g per day. This seems really high compared to other brands.

However, on their website it says: Feeding guide is based on puppy weight (not adult weight) so 10kg puppy, 2-6 months old = 150-300g

According to allaboutdogfood.co.uk, when I select the food and pups current weight it is saying that the feeding amount should be 241g

It is so confusing, I dont want to overfeed my puppy, but she is a labrador and of course will eat anything.

Any help is highly appreciated.

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

the guides are just guides, not what you actually feed an individual dog. Keep an eye on her weight and feed by eye. Wainwrights is a reasonable food so you should not need to feed an excessive amount. Afraid I have no idea on weight of food, and cant picture how much those amounts are. I always feed by eye.

Blackadder likes this.
  3. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I don't think 650grms is excessive over 3-4 meals for a growing Lab. The amount should reduce once grown.
    In fact I've looked it up and they suggest 400-600 once grown.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice