Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

wafer thin chicken & ham

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by smudgebiscuit, Mar 27, 2011.

1. smudgebiscuit

smudgebiscuit PetForums Member

Just wondering if it's ok to give dogs wafer thin chicken & ham?? Had a bit of wafer thin chicken left over & have put some in Mollys kong-it's taken her 10mins to get out & she's loving it!! Never thought of using it before but just wondering if it has too much salt etc??

2. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Its ok occasionally as a treat but I wouldn't use it regullary as it does tend to have a high salt content.

3. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

You can buy fresh meat cut into slices pre-packed or at the deli counter of any supermarket rather than the wafer thin stuff. Doesn't cost much more, it's much better for your sarnies, and even better for you're dog if you're going to start sharing ;)

4. smudgebiscuit

smudgebiscuit PetForums Member

thanks for the replies......i try to vary what Molly gets in her kongs but it gets difficult to think of new things,so i suppose if i only give it her once per week it'll be fine. Will have a look at deli meats-never think of using the deli counter :eek:

5. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I get the liver sausage off the deli counter for stuffing kongs occasionally
    Loving making fish4dogs salmon mousse frozen ones at the mo, they last ages!

#5 babycham2002, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  6. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Like said, it'll be fine very occasionally, but it's high in fat and salt. Fresh, cooked (or even better, raw) meats are best.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice