Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

vomitting,

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by donnakeitch, Apr 6, 2011.

1. donnakeitch

donnakeitch PetForums Newbie

I have two cats named vishous and lambda. Lambda is just over 12 months old and weve had her since she was 7weeks old. At 3months old we had to start giving her adult food as she refused to eat kitten food. She used to eat to much for her small stomach and would sometimes vomit. The vet said this was nomal for a young cat on adult food and to reduce food left out if she wont eat kitten food.

However over the last week the vomitting has got more frequent. At first i just thought she was being a pig again. But shes not eating as much. Could it be hairballs?

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Could be a number of things. Could be a hairball. The reason why I personally wouldn't put that much money on it being a hairball is that the vomitting has been going on for the last week - that is perhaps a tad too long to dispel a furball. However, you could start growing some cat grass or get some catalax/hairball paste if you feel that that is most likely to cause the problem.

However, it could also be the food. Have you only ever fed the one brand or are you feeding different brands? If you have only ever fed the one brand, would you be willing to try others? If you have fed other brands, have you noticed that vomitting is more likely to happen after one or the other?

Actually, when you say vomitting. Does that happen straight after eating? And does it look a little bit like a sausages that has been regurgitated? Or does it happen a while after eating?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice