Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Vomitting after Drontal...

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by LittleMissSunshine, Jul 23, 2009.

1. LittleMissSunshine

LittleMissSunshine PetForums VIP

I wormed/flead my two today, for the second time in a row Poppy threw up after getting the drontal. It was about 2 hours after. I fed her just before I gave her the tablets and her vomit was her dinner so I'm assuming the drontal would have been in there too?

She did this once before but I put it down to just usual dog puking, like they occasionally do but twice isn't good. Last time I gaver her a second dose (on vets advice) and she was fine (unless she blew chunks in a secret place).

Is there an alternative to Drontal and if so where can I get it???

I will call vets in the morning but wanted to pick all of your brains first! xxx

2. crazycrest

crazycrest PetForums VIP

Hi LMS...which flea product did you use ?
    I would never give both treatment's on the same day usually!
    Could be a mixture of the chemicals x

3. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Mine was sick the first time i used drontal but have used it since with no problem, I know it doesnt always suit every dog.

4. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

I haven't tried Drontal as of yet but I know my lot are allergic to Frontline spot on's the skin were you put the drop on becomes inflamed and very uncomfortable for the dogs last time I tried it with them I ended up bathing them all to ease the discomfort from it. We now use Johnsons 4fles tablets and have never had a problem with them they have worked great plus you can give them to pups from 4 weeks which is good too. Sinc we have been using the 4 fleas tablets tooch wood we have not seen any horrible jumpy things in our house.

take care
    Sarah

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice