Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Vomiting

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by William00001, Nov 25, 2018.

1. William00001

William00001 PetForums Newbie

hello,

I have a 13 year old female chocolate point Siamese. For about the past year she has been regularly sick at around 6am every morning. The vets have conducted the full barrage of tests which showed nothing more than a slightly elavated white blood cell count in part of the intestine.

For the past 2 nights she has been sick 3 times in the span of about 20 minutes.

Also she has recently had 3 rotton teeth removed. She also had vestibular disease because of the teeth problem but i hope this problem is now resolved because of the dental procedure.

Also, seperatily She has a recurring cough, every attack lasts about 2 minutes.

The vets really don’t know what is going on, has anyone got any ideas?

2. William00001

William00001 PetForums Newbie

Sassy

Attached Files:

Whompingwillow likes this.
  3. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

What's her diet, and how often is she fed?

The early morning pukes could be bile pukes, from going too long between meals.

Has she had an x ray to look at her heart and lungs (because of the cough)

4. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hi, does she bring up clear liquid (bile) when she vomits every morning? If so this is because she has gone too long without food, her tummy is empty and she is making a lot of extra gastric acid. This can cause a cat to vomit the extra acid, or it can make them vomit their first meal of the day.

The solution is to give her a small meal overnight in an auto feeder, timed to open around 5 hours after her last meal (her supper). This should be wet food not dry. Wet is better for her, especially at her age, and will ensure she is getting the fluids she needs in her food.

An over night feed has been the solution for one of my 9 year old cats who has a sensitive tummy. His last last meal is at bedtime (midnight) and I set his autofeeder to open at around 5.am. Then he has his breakfast at 8.30 am. He is also fed at 2 pm and 7 pm. It all helps. No dry food at all, just good quality grain free wet food.

The cough sounds as though it could be asthma related, or can be related to gastric reflux.

Whompingwillow likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice