Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Vomiting on and off for 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by nrbone1987, Dec 11, 2020.

1. nrbone1987

nrbone1987 PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone. I'm new here but have followed this forum for the past 3 years since getting my cat Charlie. You've kept me sane through the many worries of being a cat mum!

I've had some concerns about my Charlie for the past 2 weeks. Overnight on September 29/30th he was sick about 6 times, which is not like him at all. At first it was brown puddles but they changed to clear the more he was sick. By the morning he was better and I thought it must have just been a bug he cleared. But then he was sick twice first thing on Thursday 3rd, twice on Sunday morning (once was watery saliva tinged pink) and then once this Thursday 10th morning. On weds he also had runny poop. I decided to take him to the vets yesterday and they said they couldn't feel any lumps or bumps in his tummy and it was likely a dietary indiscretion. We've not changed his meals and our other 2 cats are fine.

they gave him a provomax anti emetic injection, some probiotic powder and some worming granules to hide into his meals. He's avoiding any meals with powders on and will eat out of the others' bowls, so he can definitely tell I'm trying to give him meds and is avoiding them. He's eating dry food, treats, and apart from being slightly more tired he is acting normally.

However, he's just been sick again.

Should I wait it out or should I take him back to the vets to try and get different probiotics? The Vet didn't seem too concerned but being sick is not normal for Charlie and I hate seeing him like this. It's almost been two weeks on and off. We aren't getting much sleep either when he's sick at night as he just wants cuddles and then gags on us.

Has anyone experienced similar and can relate? It's strange to have lasted almost two weeks but then also having days where he's absolutely fine and not sick at all?
    Thank you so much x

2. denflo

denflo PetForums Senior

You say that the vet gave you worming granules but your cat wouldn't eat them? When was he last wormed? Sometimes the presence of them can cause vomiting. Are you able to give him a tablet?

3. nrbone1987

nrbone1987 PetForums Newbie

Thanks so much Denflo. He was last wormed Tuesday last week, with Profender spot on. So after the big bout of sickness, but he's also been sick a couple of times since. The vet gave these wormer sachets as a precaution but he's just too clever and can spot anything mixed in with his food. I tried mixing with a piece of tuna earlier but he brought up undigested food at about 6pm :(.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice