Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Volunteers Wanted To Foster Pets & Walk Dogs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AJ, Mar 19, 2008.

1. AJ

AJ Guest

The Cinnamon Trust is the national charity for elderly and terminally ill people with pets.

They are looking for volunteers in all areas of the UK. Anyone who can walk dogs, care for cats, transport animals to the vets, foster pets etc

Also if you know an elderly person point them in the direction of the Cinnamon Trust, when they fall ill they can arrange temporary care for their pets.

For more info visit The Cinnamon Trust - The National Charity for the elderly and their pets or post enquires here!

2. silent_dreamer85

silent_dreamer85 PetForums Member

How would you go about becoming a volunteer?

3. AJ

AJ Guest

Theres a page on the website you can download the application forms. Or you can call them on 01736 757900 and they will send you an information pack and the forms.

4. claire

claire Guest

i work as a community care worker and are part of some peoples care plans they have pet care and we get to walk their dogs, feed cats ect its suprising what a lifeline animals are to someone who is elderly and alone or to anyone who is alone infact, we had a lady not to long back that died not too long after she lost her dog, her daughter swears she died cos she was lonely after losing her dog! so excellent charity:) i will pass the details on to clients i didnt even know it existed

5. AJ

AJ Guest

I get that alot, not many people have heard of them but they really do an invaluable job. Like you say their are so many elderly people that depend on their pets for love and companionship etc.

6. Magik

Magik Banned

Well they should have though about what a commitment a pet can be before they got old or terminally ill!!! PEOPLE LIKE THIS MAKE ME SICK!!!:mad:

I am of course joking.... but wouldn't suprise me if someone actually said that with some of the replies on other threads that I've seen!

7. claire

claire Guest

i wouldnt be suprised either

8. JimJamz

JimJamz PetForums Member

This is an excellent charity a family friend had great help from the trust whilst she recovered from Cancer.

9. Brilliant charoty. I do feel for people who love animals but cant keep tham for health or age reason.

10. animalslave

animalslave PetForums Newbie

Hi is there a cinnamon trust in lincolnshire that may need dog walkers etc ???

11. JimL

JimL PetForums Newbie

I live in Sleaford and recently became a volunteer for the Cinnemon Trust I would be happy to hear from anyone who needs help.

12. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Me too Im in north warks if anyone needs help:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice