Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Volunteer with experience in Scotland, Midlothian (Lothian)

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by nykea, Jan 12, 2012.

1. nykea

nykea PetForums Junior

Hello,
    I'm not sure where to place my advert, but as it relates mostly to rescues, please bear with me.
    I'd like to offer myself as a volunteer for dog walking, training and basic grooming (depending on breed might be a bit better than basic, I own a Russian black terrier who I groom myself) in Lothian, Scotland.
    Dogs have always been a very important part of my life. Since I was born we always had at least 1 dog. For a long time they were mongrels, then German Shepherds, a foxterier and now I own a Russian Terrier 3yo intact male (it's a guard dog breed with a very strong protective instinct). In the same time I was taking care of my friends' dogs, including Alaskan Malamutes, huskies, Greyhounds, Labs and Hunting Dogs. I also had contact with numerous other breeds. I spent 3 years working as a volunteer for a shelter in Poland. I also took part in dog shows, first as a secretary, then as an exhibitor. Now I'm training with my dog for competitive obedience. In the last months I helped in setting up a breed rescue in Poland, coordinating PR activities, however I miss working directly with dogs. Also, I've decided that instead of a University career (I'm currently doing PhD in genetics), I want to spend my life working with dogs, so next to helping out with the rescues, I will be looking at it as an incredible opportunity to improve my dog training techniques.
    I contacted 3 rescue centres already, but they all either don't need volunteers, or don't do volunteering at all. I'd be grateful for any information! I'd be quite happy to help out even private Foster Homes that want to have a wee rest. I would need a letter from a rescue body however, confirming that they are indeed fostering.
    I will be looking forward to hearing from you!

My mobile: 0793 330 8273
    My e mail: joanna.ilska@gmail.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice