Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Vodafone - I am well impressed..!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GoldenShadow, May 4, 2011.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Had a few signal issues in that sometimes I try and call people and can't. Turn my phone off and on and loads of text messages come through and often people go oh yeah I was trying to call you but it wouldn't go through.

Doesn't happen hugely often but a couple times a week and is a bit annoying. When I spoke to Vodafone in a store a couple months ago they said take it in, and I can go pick a new one up in 10 days.

I was like nahhh can't go 10 days without my phone so held off, now phone playing up again (its an iPhone 4). Rang Vodafone up, went through to technical department etc. They're sending me out a replacement iPhone 4 and collecting mine tomorrow both at the same time!

How immense is that, that's what I call service :D

This is why I love Apple, they dish replacements out no questions asked :)

2. GoldenShadow

Well pissed off now too!!

Got an email this afternoon saying if they think my iPhone has been physically or water damaged they will add any cost of the replacement onto my monthly bill.

Good ******* luck I don't have enough money for half an iPhone let alone a whole one :mad: :mad: :mad:

They said in the email I got told that on the phone but I bloody didn't. My phone is crap because its always been like this I've dropped it a couple times from lap height but had problems way before then.

They are shut now and I mustn't respond to that email apparently as its automated. I'm so cross they might be slimy bastards like when I was 17 and they set up a contract illegally, and lie that my handset is damaged when its not.

Its not like I can get mine back if they decide it has been damaged either its tough luck pay the money or have no phone..!

Good day turned completely shite now :cryin:

3. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

I have those signal troubles too....saying i have full signal but not being able to call anyone, send texts or recieve anything and turning it off and back on solves it!

I have a Blackberry Curve and im with Vodafone and never had the problems before i switched to Vodafone

4. GoldenShadow

My Tocco was ok on vodafone just this one :(

I don't trust the barstards not to rip me off but my phone is faulty :crying:

It also won't let me put anything like music on says I have 10GB photos yet 14GB free it's only a 16GB phone and won't let me put anything on..!

Wahhhh :cryin:

5. davidc

davidc PetForums VIP

I remember having problems with a phone on t-mobile, sent it back, they didn't repair it, claiming it was water damaged, would have liked to have known how, seeing as how I was really careful with that phone after dropping the one before it in the bath. :eek: (Didn't even take the t-mobile one in the bathroom).

I'm on Orange now, and apparently because I can also get t-mobile's signal, I will get good coverage rate - funny, it's the worst I've ever had on any network. Had the phone cut out on me because it's lost signal mid-phone call a few times.

6. samhx

samhx PetForums Member

I too had problems with iPhone 4 on Vodafone and thought they were doing a really good deed sending me a new iPhone, until it came and was a reconditioned model :(

Rang up and they said a reconditioned model is classed as a new model.

Now there's fault on this phone too so im not best pleased!! Hope everythings ok when you get your new phone today and they dont charge you!

7. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

Oh great, hubby and I have just got Iphone 4's on vodafone, this was after having trouble with signal on orange!!!:( Hope you get it sorted!

8. GoldenShadow

Apparently iPhone's are down as getting a replacement free of charge for things like I've described but they're calling me back after 9am to confirm.

I don't think its Vodafone, I really don't. My phone had been fine from June-October and sometimes it just says it has signal but it wont let me make a call without turning it off and back on.

Plus it says I have more storage than I do etc etc I think its a fault/bug with my handset but I'm not fussed as long as I get a replacement free of charge (seeing as I pay £41.something a month) and its no worse than mine.

Will let you know how I get on, fingers x'd..!

9. GoldenShadow

Just had a call and apparently they wont go ahead with the exchange if I'm going to be charged anything but they said something about checking my phone and I've got my phone so I dunno how :laugh:

Oh well, long as I don't get billed for the handset replacement...

10. GoldenShadow

OK, got told must keep my box, my charger etc as I will only get a handset.

DPD guy just rocked up with a BRAND NEW iPhone 4! Not reconditioned or anything, brand new everything with it. Box was a bit battered so I swapped boxes but DPD man said heck take the charger and everything so I did.

I don't think its even a reconditioned one, there must have been some kind of error but I don't care I'll take it :D

Now to restore it *fingers crossed*

11. samhx

samhx PetForums Member

Aw thats good news then :)

Although Im slightly jealous as this happened to me last month and I got a reconditioned one lol :p

Jk, Enjoy :D x

12. GoldenShadow

Actually it MIGHT be a reconned one but why is it in a box with all the gear? I got told explicitly that I would only get a handset (just like I got told in store I'd have to wait 10 days for one..!).

It has got about five tiny scuffs round the plastic edge behind the glassy bit and before the steel but I had one big chip in the top right and these smaller ones are better than mine. Plus my bumper damaged my steel band loads I was well cross when I noticed the other day (part of the reason for changing it I must admit Singing:)

Least I should have no signal worries now! I do love iPhones, my fist 3GS had a fault (Nov 2009) so I got a second one of those just like these but it doesn't bother me in the least.

I just love how we get new (near enough?!) so easily and readily, doesn't happen with lots of other phone companies..!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice