Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Vocal little lady Part 2!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by leiela, Apr 6, 2017.

1. leiela

leiela PetForums Member

My little girl has always been a vocal madam, she barks when she's cross, when she's happy, excited or when she's sad.

It's always been reasonably manageable and you could distract her.

We moved house 4 weeks ago and she's gone bonkers! she now has a massive garden and there are dog's in few of the local houses/gardens. she's learned that if she bark's they bark back! so she barks and barks and barks.

The new neighbour's must hate us already :(

She has also started barking in the morning to walk us up. She used to wait for us to come down the stairs and then start barking when she saw us because she wanted out of her crate. Now she bark's to wake us up! even at 5am!

Today has been the final straw... today she's got it into her head there is something in one of the top bedrooms. She has litterally barked the house down all day. If i open the door she won't go inside unless im with her ... i've taken her inside and given her a look around to prove there is nothing up there but when i'm not with her she just sits at the door to the room and barks. it doens't matter if the door is open or closed she just sits at it and barks!

I've tried, toys , treats taking her downstairs and putting her in the living room with me and the door closed. it makes no difference she just barks regardless !

She's been at it all day i don't know whats wrong! i don't speak bark!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice