Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

visitors and your cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ewelsh, Mar 8, 2017.

1. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Do your visitors perceive your cats characters as you know your cats to be.

I had visitors (obviously cat people :Cat ) around for coffee this morning. Of course my 3 went into action.

They regarded Loulou as:
    1. Grumpy - true, she only loves me
    2. A "common" looking cat :Shifty I think I took the wrong version of that word - False
    3. Snobby - false I prefer aloof :D

They regarded Libby as:
    1. As a sweet heart :eek: and butter wouldn't melt :eek: - false
    2. Timid - false
    3. Dainty - false

Then Lottie as
    1. mischievous with a wicked look in her eye - true
    2. Superior to humans - true
    3. Quiet - true, I always forget that she doesn't meow

Matrod and lymorelynn like this.
  2. Bilai

Bilai PetForums Senior

It's interesting isn't it. Depends on the visitor but most think Milo is...

1. Aloof - false! He's shy but a total cuddle monster as soon as he's sure of you
    2. Lazy - false - if you give him half a chance, he will bound up and down the house chasing anything
    3. Demanding - true!

ewelsh likes this.
  3. Jeano1471

Jeano1471 Professional tongue biter

When u friend comes round she thinks my kitty Lola is snooty an evil haha snooty cause she trots rould like she owns the place an evil cause if my friend goes to stroke her Lola will have her hand off! Haha Lolas a total mamas girl an any1 who isnt me isnt gettin her time or attention haha
    But to me shes a snuggly little angel face who loves cuddly naps an long belly rubs x

ewelsh likes this.
  4. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

If visitors aren't cat people then they aren't interested in them and don't take any notice, otherwise,

Toppy

Friendly - true, once he's been spoken to and decides they are OK , he will approach them and make friends by rubbing round legs or putting his paws in their lap
    Cheeky- true, he will try and get into handbags if they are left open
    A good boy - false, one thing he is not

Bunty

Invisible - true, she's terrified of strangers and disappears and hides as soon as she hears a doorbell or a voice. People who know us well know they won't see her when they visit
    Unfriendly - true, sadly, she hates everyone but us

ewelsh likes this.
  5. Temporally_Loopy

Temporally_Loopy PetForums Member

Everyone thinks Bertie is beautiful, cuddly, friendly ... such a good boy .... as he lays on his back purring. Uh huh, the minute the door closes he goes on a rampage - jumping across the coffee table, onto the settee, over the back of the chairs, onto the dining table, onto the curtains, the sideboard and back again - all in a matter of seconds. Oh yes, and I forgot up the stairs along the landing into the bathroom, over the loo, into the bath, out of the bath, into his litter box, out of his litter box, into my bedroom, over the bed, under the bed and back around again - and boy, for a kitten, can he make a noise :Cat

ewelsh likes this.
  6. Erenya

Erenya PetForums VIP

Due to his size people automatically think that Einstein is a big rufty tufty, dominant, manly cat. He's not. He's a totally softy and a proper coward.

ewelsh and Temporally_Loopy like this.
  7. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

Milo is very much himself when people visit - nosy and mischievous. I have to stop him rummaging in workman's toolboxes in his efforts to "help" and in ladies handbags that are parked on the floor. Suki is also himself - jumps at every strange noise, having work done on the house is a nightmare as he just hides wide-eyed under the bed till they go. He will, however, come and investigate if familiar visitors are sitting around chatting in the lounge, my lap is still available after all!

ewelsh likes this.
  8. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

My cats act the same around everyone. In your face wanting cuddles and belly rubs, then off to play, racing around and come back for more cuddles

Jeano1471, ewelsh and Ali71 like this.
  9. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

Jeano1471 likes this.
  10. Emmasian

Emmasian PetForums VIP

It always amazes me how Teddy, who is the big swaggering alpha cuddlecat, who loves me to hold his 20lb form upside down like a baby, doesn't like more than one guest. If say I have three people over, he will sit at the top of the stairs and that's the closest he will come maybe till very late on when he seems reassured all is OK. If just one person is here, he will come and say hi, but he won't be as outgoing as the other two - with the exception of one male friend who "doesn't do cats", but for some reason Teddy adores.

Freya and Rafa happily mingle, dive in bags, steal people's food etc. I had a man in to fix the boiler, and was making him tea when he called through in a nervous voice that he couldn't start due to the presence of "a massive ginger cat sitting in my toolbox who is looking at me". I called back that he was called Rafa and to just pick him up and move him, to be told, "I CAN'T! It's HUGE!" (Obv never seen a Maine Coon before, bloody wuss).

Thankfully everyone else loves them and people are always sorry not to see more of Teddy. I think he might feel responsible for the household as the alpha maybe and gets worried when lots of people invade his turf. He is improving a bit though with his Mummy's reassurance.

11. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

Iv is perceived as lovely and a big softy true.
    He also doesn't like strangers and will disappear but once he knows you he is happy for strokes and fusses.

Bluey is perceived as unsociable and aloof. She again takes her time to suss people. She is a one person cat I.e me. She follows me around outside and likes to be close. Petting is ok if she wants it. She has taken to the new family puppy and although I worried, she quite happily plays with him x

ewelsh and Emmasian like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice