UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My cat has been acting strangely and his third eyelids have been showing for nearly a week now. He has been to the vet and has come away with antibiotics. It's a bit perculiar though because his eyes are fine when he comes in from outside but after a few minutes of being in the house they are up.

Does anyone know why this might be? I've not had a chance to discuss this with the vet yet as I did not notice until after my last visit.

Thanks

·
Registered
641 Posts
Firstly, you've done the right thing going to the vet and as you have anti-biotics that should help with any problem infection in your cats' system. It might be the fresh air helps wakes him up a bit and perhaps clear his internal passes, but as it's happening in the house I'd look at any new cleaning chemicals you've perhaps introduced in the last month. This might sound a silly thing to ask, but if you have central heating have you had it serviced recently or do you have a carbon monoxide alarm, since most people have put theirs on in the last month or so. Once read a post where the cat had got carbon monoxide poisoning and since they are small it's affects them quicker.

·
Registered
205 Posts
hmmmmm, ive noticed that when Jett is very relaxed (dozing) and maybe a bit over warm his third eyelid is sometimes visible.......could the heat inside just be making him very dozey and his eyes dry?

i KNOW our heating system is ok, was only checked last month, so no carbon monoxide probs etc, and it def happens when he's in one of the warm spots, in front of fire or on the cushions near the radiator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.