Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

virgin media

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bordie, Nov 22, 2012.

1. bordie

bordie PetForums VIP

virgin have put there charges up.who are you with and what are their prices and service like

2. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Now what you do Bordie, is you ring them up and you threaten to leave if they don't give you a better deal on your virgin media package. Make them work for your loyalty.

3. bordie

bordie PetForums VIP

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Totally agree..plus if you get through to india and you moan about your service they dont tend to go off script so anything slightly complicated and they add credits to the account :lol:

5. bordie

bordie PetForums VIP

6. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Bordie my package was £71 with Virgin I phoned them and said I was thinking of leaving and thy dropped it to £56 :D

7. davidc

davidc PetForums VIP

That may just do the trick. :D
    They have a policy of never losing a customer to Sky or at least I've been told. A friend threatened to leave and move to Sky, he got his bill reduced. My sister phoned them and did the same, she also got her bill reduced.

8. Elmo the Bear

Elmo the Bear PetForums VIP

I pay about £60 a month but that includes all calls (even to mobiles) and 120MBPS broadband..... and I do get 120MBPS !!
    [​IMG]

9. fire-siamesekitty

fire-siamesekitty PetForums VIP

Im with virgin media i pay £12 a month for a Tivo terabyte, 60mb broadband, extra box and telephone.

10. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I did this last week with them, it worked, I got the new Tivo box, two other boxes (one in each of the kids rooms), the top TV, internet package and the basic phone package, and Im paying less than I was before I phoned. The trick is to decide what you want from them, then ask them to come and get your digibox and cut your services off, I told them that I was sad to be leaving but Sky could offer what I wanted for the price I wanted, they suddenly lowered the price and threw in the extra box :D

11. tincan

tincan PetForums VIP

Slightly off topic , but what a shame we can't do this with Utility Companies :D

P.S .... should add we cannot get Virgin Media here , so stuck with sky

#11 tincan, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  12. gorgeous

gorgeous PetForums VIP

Do you get the same channels with virgin as sky?

13. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Yes,but how much were you paying before? Not the basic package I'll be bound.

14. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

We had the middle broadband and a lower tv package, but not the bottom one, and we had a slightly better phone package but I always use my mobile anyway as I have free calls so it wasnt needed.

15. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

I'm afraid Virgin will never get my business for phonecalls - they can't touch BT on cost

Although I am with Virgin for BB and have a second phoneline which is soon to be going - I did get a significant reduction some time ago when I threatened to leave them - and my mum had more than 50% wiped off her monthly bill when she complained after my rather passed away.

I used to have a real gripe with NTL World (now Virgin Media) to the extent I did my Masters dissertation on service provision from NTL -v- BT

8 months research and 800 questionnaires later - there was absolutely NOTHING to chose between them.

If BT offered Infinity in my area I would switch like a shot, but there is no way on this earth I would go back to an ADSL BB connection.

16. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

£12 ??? seriously??? :confused: my phoneline rental alone is that

17. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

I left SKY for virgin ...Sky wanted around 100.00 for an extra box i had to take insurance out at 9.50 per month and i could not watch videos etc on line as it just buffered for ages. :(

I left them got virgin ( got an extra box free, free call outs for any probs, can now watch video's, T.V and movie's no probs and I get unlimited mobile calls for a hour works the same a landline calls. I do pay an extra 10.00 for that but its saved lots on the phone bill. And the Tivo box for me as got lots more than the sky plus box.

oh yes forgot to add of course with virgin there's absolutely NO disruption to your viewing if you get bad weather BLISS in itself unlike SKY ....

#17 snoopydo, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  18. Broxi_jim

Broxi_jim PetForums Senior

With virginmedia..been with them since the old NTL days from 1999..

My package is Talk 24/7....60mg broadband...XL TV package...Hd box and standard box in bedroom..£68 pm...

Due too call them up again and say I'm leaving :wink::wink::D

19. lols82

lols82 PetForums Member

I pay around £109 per month and now it's going up :nonod: It's ridiculous, I hardly even watch the thing either.

20. Sussexplumber

Sussexplumber Banned

And they will do that, but I still think FreeSat might be (much) better value. I`m now on a £15 a month dongle which I also use all day at work. I also took out a £7-50 a month Tesco sim only package for the mobile. :D I like fixed price deals!

#20 Sussexplumber, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice